SPECIAL - BBQ Brethren "Noobians vs. Veterans" Throwdown!!!

Yeah, I'm leaning towards Team Noob again.

Well, Herr Admiral, with the new Noobian uniforms now ready, you'll look awfully smart in one of these with your Noobian companions:

attachment.php

Do you really want to abandon the entire Farkanaut Fleet for this? :confused:

Think carefully...I know it's tempting, but I know you'll make it Tso in the end.

:twitch:

Noob pork incendiary!!! (Official entry)

Noob's stand clear, I got an incendiary device of the baby-back kind and I plan on using it...:flame:

So here is what I cooked up for those farkenauts... First I started with some backs. Then I smothered them in a fiery blend of chipotle, adobo,fresh garlic, lime, honey, and a bit of rib rub... I let the beast sit overnight so the burn could work its way into the delivery device...
_DSC4484small.jpg
Then I readied my secrete weapon letting it run at 225 scorching degrees... Placed the backs on it and let my pit-master watch over it intensely...
_DSC4486small.jpg_DSC4490small.jpg_DSC4494small.jpg
But my little pit-master loves her some chicken, so I had to get some ready for her too...
_DSC4489small.jpg_DSC4493small.jpg_DSC4497small.jpg_DSC4499small.jpg
After working the backs two hours with just the incendiary rub, two hours foiled with a touch of apple juice and Jack Daniel's, I smothered them in some Stub's BBQ sauce that I blended the remainder of the can of chipotle and adobo into...
_DSC4501small.jpg
Once that fiery concoction was seared into the backs they were ready for launch and boy were they good...
_DSC4502small.jpg_DSC4506small.jpg_DSC4504small.jpg
PS sorry there is no plating pics. The ribs were taken to the in-laws for our dinner and disappeared before I could snap a pic...:boom:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Herr Admiral, with the new Noobian uniforms now ready, you'll look awfully smart in one of these with your Noobian companions:

attachment.php

Do you really want to abandon the entire Farkanaut Fleet for this? :confused:

Think carefully...I know it's tempting, but I know you'll make it Tso in the end.

:twitch:

I'm thinking Biggie might lead them all in a feint with this disguise

flower.jpg

Improvised Edible Delishiousness from the Farking Noobian Alliance (official entry)

Dread Swashbuckler Seadad be lobbing this IED at the SS Geritol

The components assembled. the beef was marinating in a special secret sauce to enhance the flavor explosiveness, & some of the onions and portobellas got wrapped in bacon to add to the distractive power

main.php

the IEDs assembled, ready for the final step, application of heat!

main.php

From past experience, I, Dread Swashbuckler Seadad, have learned that heating at a consistent rate for a :tape: secret amount of time will ensure maximum potency.

The Dread Swashbuckler Seadad got hungry, so brats were added too:cool:

main.php

Fark!!! Fire on the poop deck!!!!!!!!!

main.php

The IEDs plated and ready for delivery!!!!

Take that you scurvy veterans! (I have some limes as well to help you with the whole scurvy thing)

Use this picture, Herr Grand Admiral Bigabyte

main.php

Whispers "what a noob...that pasta isn't cooked, look, it's as hard as wooden sticks!"
:heh:

shhhhhhhhhhh........................that's the secret. I'm going to leave it out for the geriatrics, they'll eat it thinking it's noodles (gotta protect the gums, ya know), and get splinters! it's genius

Arg, those ribs look farkin' delicious! Nice cook man!
thank you Brother, suffice to say it is a success because of the brethren. It is only my second attempt with ribs. The first was a crash and burn, but after a lot of reading on this site the second turned out beyond my expectations.

Back