MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:01 PM   #91
hnd
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
What i find interesting is that it isn't blood. The blood in any animal (including us) is carried in the veins and arteries. There is very little blood in the meat itself. Red meats, such as beef, contain a lot of water. The water mixes with a protein called myoglobin, and ends up as the red liquid that most folks think is blood.
this is the first thing i thought about when i read the other post. the mind is amazing. if you think you are eating blood, your mind will make you think you get that "metallic" taste. but its actually not there.

my parents used to be well done people. they are now medium-medium well. its all texture for them. but when we have cookouts, i'm cooking steaks. i over the past 10 years have slowly gotten them to where they are today.
hnd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2011, 10:02 PM   #92
NorthwestBBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Have I told you I love this thread? I enjoy the civil discussion about a hot topic. Well done all.
NorthwestBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2011, 10:03 PM   #93
hnd
Full Fledged Farker

as for chicken. a friend of mine raises their own birds. they cook their chicken, medium most of the time. i love slow cooked chicken, but i long for the ability to eat my chicken medium. it was that good.
hnd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2011, 10:54 PM   #94
buccaneer

Cooking chicken is my nemesis.
It is the most overcooked meat bar none, but for me I want that flesh silky soft and moist, want to get it off before it reaches the point of getting that sandpaper grain when you slice it, to have the blood flecks along the bone.
I almost always cook too far.
sigh

Old 10-23-2011, 10:59 PM   #95
tortaboy
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnd View Post
this is the first thing i thought about when i read the other post. the mind is amazing. if you think you are eating blood, your mind will make you think you get that "metallic" taste. but its actually not there.

my parents used to be well done people. they are now medium-medium well. its all texture for them. but when we have cookouts, i'm cooking steaks. i over the past 10 years have slowly gotten them to where they are today.
Your parents love you. They will probably choke down anything you serve with a smile. That's what parents are for.
tortaboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2011, 11:00 PM   #96
tortaboy
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by buccaneer View Post
Cooking chicken is my nemesis.
It is the most overcooked meat bar none, but for me I want that flesh silky soft and moist, want to get it off before it reaches the point of getting that sandpaper grain when you slice it, to have the blood flecks along the bone.
I almost always cook too far.
sigh
Yummy

Old 10-23-2011, 11:06 PM   #97
tortaboy
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestBBQ View Post
Have I told you I love this thread? I enjoy the civil discussion about a hot topic. Well done all.
Me too...but watch out for us Militant animal overcookers. I think there are 5 or 6 of us (total) on the forums, just waiting to beat up the undercookers.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:12 PM   #98
NorthwestBBQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortaboy View Post
Me too...but watch out for us Militant animal overcookers. I think there are 5 or 6 of us (total) on the forums, just waiting to beat up the undercookers.
Ok, but groove is in the heart.

Deee Lite - Groove is in the Heart (Music Video) - YouTube
NorthwestBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2011, 11:13 PM   #99
buccaneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestBBQ

__________________________________________________ __________________
C'mon, you're all frail anemic characters fwightened by yucky ideas and red liquids, we ain't afraid of you!

Old 10-23-2011, 11:16 PM   #100
tortaboy
is One Chatty Farker

bucaneer,

hahahahaha.....

Never been described as frail before....

If you only knew.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:17 PM   #101
FamilyManBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

I think there are many PNWBA judges in this club...at least the comments I've received on my perfectly cooked (IMHO) tri-tip lead me to believe so.

It seems I must pretend to be an "overcooker" to make them happy!!
[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][B]Humphrey's Pint[/B][/FONT][/FONT], [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial]Weber(Go Anywhere, Smokey Joe, "Smoker Joe", 22.5" Kettles, Gasser, Q100, Q200, (2)22.5" WSM, (1)18.5" WSM (1) 14.5" WSM, UDS (Weber lid), Rib-O-Lator. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][B][COLOR=black]BLACK[/COLOR][/B] thermapen...and a [B][COLOR=yellow]YELLOW[/COLOR][/B] one too!! [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][I][B]Everything I cook is judged by SIX!![/B][/I][/FONT][/FONT]

[I][FONT=Arial][B]Daddy and Me BBQ[/B] Competition Cooking Team[/FONT][/I]
FamilyManBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2011, 11:20 PM   #102
tortaboy
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestBBQ View Post

Michael,

How do you have time to watch youtube video's? By the time the video is over, your meat is overcooked.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:47 PM   #103
sandiegobbq
is one Smokin' Farker

I will never be a member of this club.

Some things are tender when well done but hardly anything that is grilled.

Moist, juicy and tender rule the grilling world.

Your club will be a cult and not mainstream!
sandiegobbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2011, 12:03 AM   #104
tortaboy
is One Chatty Farker

sandiegobbq,

Enjoy your fresh roadkill. I'm sure it is plenty juicy.

If enjoying well cooked meat = Cult, I'm good with dat.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:07 AM   #105
buccaneer

Quote:
Quote:
bucaneer,

hahahahaha.....

Never been described as frail before....

If you only knew.