• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

SPECIAL - BBQ Brethren "Noobians vs. Veterans, Season 2" Throwdown!!! (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
***NOTE: This TD has been extended an additional day due to the US Labor Day Holiday***

Well the voters decided! Instead of "Cook it Like Moose", the overwhelming choice was a second round of Noobs vs Vets!

Last year's Noobs vs Vets was enormously popular, with 135 entries! :clap2:

Here's Last Year's Noobs vs Vets Voting Thread

Will this year's Noob Crew vindicate themselves with an all new crew and better strategy, or will they once again be taken down by the dashing crew of the mighty S.S. Farkanaut? :confused:

Only time will tell!

So here's the scoop:

1. This is an OPEN CATEGORY, Standard Throwdown Rules apply, and anyone who has participated in 2 or fewer TD's prior to 5/31/2013 will be on the Noobian team, while everyone with 3 or more TD's prior to 5/31/2013 will be on the Veteran team!

2. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED for this TD only! Please enter often!

3. Since this is an open category, you may enter whatever you like so long as the main dish or ingredient is either smoked or grilled as per standard throwdown rules.

4. This Throwdown will last through September 2!

5. You can submit entries from other throwdowns that run during the course of this one!

6. Voting will be decided thusly:

All Noobians and currently enlisted and veteran Farkanauts who choose to participate will each submit entries of their choosing. The winning group will be decided by a tally of most votes, i.e. if the Noobians have the most collective votes, the Noobians win.

7. Please specify at the top of each entry whether it is for the Noobian or Veteran Team.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 5/31 through Monday 9/2.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Tuesday morning 9/3.

Please specify at the top of each entry whether it is for the Noobian or Veteran Team.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...especially take note of:

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary actions WILL happen.

Click HERE to go to the off topic, often nonsensical discussion thread.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
By summer I meant by calendar. 3 months is a long time, and actually, the longest TD we've ever had!

Aye was feeling a we bit of a hunger pang gnawing at me gut after a full day of pillaging with me mate Guerre, so aye whipped up some grub to soothe me innards.

Please accept this as me official entry into the "Noobians VS Veterans Season II" Throwdown

Aye went to the galley and found slim pickens (no, not the actor) and found myself in a pickle (no, not with Ronelle) what to do, what to do? Aye hemmed and hawed and surveyed the provisions and finally came up with a plan.

Cheese Steak..... alas my conundrum is resolved! Aye got busy with me epee and hacked up some onions and started them to caramelizing on me gasser.

Next up, Aye threw on some cleaved, "aye of the round" and Worcestershire sauce.

Let her ride the flames a wee bit

Diced it all up fine and dandy

Wrapped it all up in some Merkin Cheese

Smothered it in a "Toasted" (No not the famous Throwdown Chef of lore) French Baguette and plated it with a cold scoop of Wampus's Peach Bourbon Beans.

That's what Aye'm talking about there me buccos! Please use this as my polling shot, Aye thank you!

Get Busy noobs, Aye Caseydog dare ya!

Please accept this as my first ever Throwdown entry into the Noobs vs. Vets Throwdown.

Thick cut T-bone steak cooked just the way I like it. Served with skillet fried corn and asparagus and Busch's Original beans with a splash of Tennessee Red. This was my quick dinner tonight before the storms started to roll through the Lou.

Please accept this as my first ever Throwdown entry into the Noobs vs. Vets Throwdown.

Thick cut T-bone steak cooked just the way I like it. Served with skillet fried corn and asparagus and Busch's Original beans with a splash of Tennessee Red. This was my quick dinner tonight before the storms started to roll through the Lou.

Just to clarify, as if saying this is my first ever TD entry isn't enough, my entry is for Team NOOB.

Tie game. The noobs are rather feisty right out of the gate but HT fired the first volley! Both Great entries!

Please accept this as my official entry for team noobian(I think).I'm not sure if I have entered more than 2 throwdowns as it has been a long time.Please check for me if possible,thanks.

My first entry is just simple,yet tasty BBQ chicken breasts. First,I set-up my XL BGE raised/direct at 350*.The breasts were rubbed with Cluck & Squeal All Purpose rub and put on the egg with some corn on the cob.

Just when they reached 160-165 internal temp,I put a little Stubb's BBQ sauce on them and let them go for around 10 more minutes

Here they are off the egg and ready to eat :wink:

Please use this last photo for my entry,thanks

Great job Sparky! And the Noobs have fired another volley. To your posts you scalawags, we need more entries...............ARGGGGGGG

Great job Sparky! And the Noobs have fired another volley. To your posts you scalawags, we need more entries...............ARGGGGGGG

Thanks,I hope that I am actually playing for team noobian though :confused: It's been so long since I have entered a throwdown.I may have to change teams :doh:

Fire in the hole!

Aye was feelin a little hunger pang last night so I fired up ole gassey and reached into galley for a prime piece of Tri Tip. Flung her on the CI Griddle with a wee bit O'salt-n-Peppa. Please accept this as my official Farkenaughty entry.

Seared her hot-n-fast and rolled her over for a taste of the same medicine on the starboard side.

Sliced her up with me trusty Epee and plated her with some pomme frites and sea weed! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! Please use this for me polling entry

Take that ya bunch of Poxeyed Noobs!

Come on Matey's Handsomely now!

And HT fires a cannon shot right into the Nobbian hull..........they're
gathering buckets to bail...........She may not be afloat long............Aye

Back