SPECIAL - BBQ Brethren "Noobians vs. Veterans, Season 2" Throwdown!!! (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

After me sloop got pooped me and me dogs took the Fast Attack vessel out for provisions.

Please accept this as my official Farkenaughty entry into the TD.

Me dogs and Aye set sail on another epic journey similar to the Illiad. We were in search of the New Food. We found it, and it was labeled a 7 Blade Chuck Roast. Aye was a bit taken back and awestruck! WTF has seven blades? Surely this is not a Medusa?

So after procuring the slab, Aye set about spicing it with some dry rations of salt and pepper from the West Indies.

Aye then mixed up a bit of grog with onion soup mix and carrots and some lanced onions too boot.

Perched the flesh above the cauldron of grog and began the cook

About half way into the battle, Aye took a peak at the poor tired soul.

Threw her in the grog to baste her wicked tendons and to soothe her soul

Finished her off with a tad bit of Cabernet and some spice from the galley

Plated her up and sent her down to Davey Jones locker. Aye did!

Please use thisun as me polling pic

As always, Keep on lookin and Aye'll ke on cookin!

Ensign HT over and aught!

usin the otherrrr as thee pollin pic. grrrrrrrrrr, arrrrggggggghhhhh.:becky:

@Sparky
"Please accept this as my official entry for team noobian(I think).I'm not sure if I have entered more than 2 throwdowns as it has been a long time.Please check for me if possible,thanks".
@caseydog
Checking would be very difficult, so go ahead and crew with the Noobians.
CD

Not too difficult. Just go through your posting history and look for posts in TD forum.
I think #4 which was actually your first TD entry was not included in vote poll. Possibility because no entry photo was specified.
One
1488302_Sparky.jpg

Two

Three
Sparky.jpg

Four
DSC_0013.jpg

Last edited:
Great entries so far, gang! Keep 'em coming.

May I make a couple of humble suggestions? Since this TD lasts all summer this thread has the potential to be huge, especially if everyone posts the detailed cook pictures in here, and even more especially if everyone quotes a post with multiple pictures. So...

Is it possible to post the detailed cook information in a separate thread in QT and just post one or two pictures in this thread plus a link to the QT thread?

Here is an example of what I am asking...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2502088&postcount=31

Also, when quoting a post, especially if it has multiple pictures, edit the quote to remove most of the pictures, keeping the text or one pic to illustrate what you are comment on. We don't need to see every picture over and over again :-D

agreed, just saw i did that by accident....it irritates me too. sorry, ronelle, can you fix my quote?

Since Someone had to drink all the rum.. I was forced to improvise...

I present the Smoked'Rita

rita1.jpg

Limes sliced in half and grilled to slightly carmelize the natural sugars. Then it was used to make a Margarita Mix. 10 limes and 2 cups simple sugar made 4 cups of finished mixer.

Use this to mix your Margarita using your favorite recipe, I used 2 shots aged tequila and 2 shots triple sec and filled glass with ice cold mixer.

rita2.jpg

I propose this as the offical entry of the offical rumless drink off the SS Farkernaught.

Official entry

"Minion, the Noobs seem to still be around. I thought they had given up the fight."

"No Chief, they are still around. Ineffective, but still around."

"Hmmmmmmm. Very well Minion, time for us to join the fray. Ready the crew for a strafing run. We shall hit them with Pig Shots and Chicken Bombettes."

"Aye, Aye Chief!"

This be the voting pic!
main.php

View the cook thread here.

Since Someone had to drink all the rum.. I was forced to improvise...

I present the Smoked'Rita

Limes sliced in half and grilled to slightly carmelize the natural sugars. Then it was used to make a Margarita Mix. 10 limes and 2 cups simple sugar made 4 cups of finished mixer.

Use this to mix your Margarita using your favorite recipe, I used 2 shots aged tequila and 2 shots triple sec and filled glass with ice cold mixer.

I propose this as the offical entry of the offical rumless drink off the SS Farkernaught.

We're Pirates! Aren't we supposed to pillage rum? I'll bet the noobians have some. Night Raid! :mad2:

@Sparky
"Please accept this as my official entry for team noobian(I think).I'm not sure if I have entered more than 2 throwdowns as it has been a long time.Please check for me if possible,thanks".
@caseydog
Checking would be very difficult, so go ahead and crew with the Noobians.
CD

Not too difficult. Just go through your posting history and look for posts in TD forum.
I think #4 which was actually your first TD entry was not included in vote poll. Possibility because no entry photo was specified.
One
1488302_Sparky.jpg

Two

Three
Sparky.jpg

Four
DSC_0013.jpg
Thank you very much KJ.I appreciate you spending the time to look for me.I'm just not that good at navigating these farkin forums :oops: . I guess that I'll have to switch teams. Sorry noobians, but I'm clearly a veteran :whoo:

Yep, K-Jun is definitely retired. :becky:

CD

Official Farkenaut Entry

Since my birthday fell on Monday, I partied on the weekend, and had my own little celebration on the actual day.

I rubbed a USDA Choice ribeye with sea salt, and let it shed some water-weight in the fridge for 24 hours. Then a light cover of oil, and some black pepper.

picture.php

Some asparagus with oil, salt and pepper...

picture.php

Steak over some really hot lump.

picture.php

While the steak rested, a quick grill of the asparagus.

picture.php

A very tasty meal.

picture.php

Followed by some fine whiskey and a cigar.

picture.php

CD

Boys Night In

After a few nights away from home my five yr old, Max and I planned on having Boys Night In, as mom was drinking beer. This included a trip to the toy store for a Star Wars Double Light Sword...possibly to be used against the Veterans!

4eaf8421f5c51fd5fb11178d2c04e86f_zpsc34b1440.jpg

This was followed by cooking some top sirloin kabobs, marinated earlier in EVOO, garlic, teriyaki, and a little SM Peppered Cow. On the grill!

d7b9aa8685a09f0101059bc565a10f25_zpse7c5a878.jpg

Finally, ready to EAT! (Official entry and such!)

597911018488d3c854e5899265808d39_zps57aa0ab8.jpg

WOW, How did Max like his beer? Did you make him eat the fruit too?

Back