New Here - another drum lining Q

BigRed1500

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here, working on plans to build my own UDS. Like many, I'm comparing the cost and hassle of used drums that need to be cleaned/stripped with new unlined drums.

I've read many of the threads and I see the tan and red linings mentioned specifically. But has anyone burnt/stripped juice barrels with a white lining?

I've found a good drum source that would be a great price if the lining comes off easily. But adding a lot of time or cost of blasting would put them in the same range of a new or recon'd unlined drum.

Just looking for a couple of opinions before I make my move. Thanks

I use old oil drums that are not lined.
I give away any drums with liners I find as they are not suitable for a UDS without a lot of work.
IMHO

ANY Unlined drum will work after a good burn out with a few pallets there aint nothing left in there to hurt you. Fire Purifies all:flame:

I could not find any brand spanking new barrels for under $100

Used food grade barrel + sandblasting =50 dollars.... Case closed. :D

If u can burn out..... U save more money but add more labor.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, in my area of the country nothing is cheap. Blasters are all quoting $100, just over the phone. Used barrels on CL are listing around $35.
A local barrel maker quote me $70 for a new, unlined barrel, which I might just pull the trigger on. It's not quite in the spirit of picking one up onthe side of the road and burning it out, but less time cleaning means more time smoking, right?

I finally found a source for used, unlined, barrels at a reasonable price w/out being toxic (I think). $25 each or $20 if buying in lots. SCORE!
Shows persistence pays off I guess. So I'll be getting my first barrel this weekend and starting my scrub/build/burn asap.
More to follow as I get started, I'm sure.

Back