Top Sirloin Tacos and Roasted SALSA!

BobBrisket

Reaction score
Started out with some Pobs, Yellow Jalaps, Serranos, Big Jims, and some green Penos (not shown), and a red bell for color. I made a salsa de rajas. Basically, just a thick cut salsa where the stuff is cut in thick strips. I added some garlic, cilantro, and a couple of fire roasted tomatoes. In went a little s and p, soy sauce and a little rice vinegar. FARK! It was hot. My fingers are still burning and all I could do was cough and sneeze when I was peelin and chopping em.
005-2.jpg

Fire roasted over a HOT HOT pecan wood fire. I had to do em in intervals cause it was too hot to stay close to for a long period of time.
007-2.jpg

Some top sirloin steaks grilled to a little under medium and sliced against the grain. They got a thick coat of Milwaukee Iron Seasoning I got from a Brother in a Trade. This is GOOD STUFF!
010-1.jpg

The salsaaaaa!
011-1.jpg

And dinner. The salsa had a good layer of flavors and heat. Okay, I'm lying, it only had layers of HEAT. It was good stuff. It did not suck. Also had a few cebollitas and a slice o lime for the tacos.
013-1.jpg

I'll be feeling em tomorrow morning too!:mad2:

Bob

Last edited:
That looks insanely good!:hungry: My Thanks button is broken, which is a shame because that deserves some thanks.

You're brave to eat those without Guacamole and Sour Cream...:heh:

I'm not much for sour cream and I forgot the 'cados when I hit the grocery store. But that how I have em most times. Just the tort, the meat and the HEAT!

It's already BREWING!!:heh: You guys figure it out.:shocked:

Bob

Man, that is some heat there Bobby B. Good looking meal that if I hit it I would be in endorphin heck!

So Bob, not to be a smart@ss or anything, but do your kids eat that too? Serious question.

I would try one of those for sure, just not sure I could eat a whole one, or even swallow the first bite.

Looks great on the plate though!

So Bob, not to be a smart@ss or anything, but do your kids eat that too? Serious question.

I would try one of those for sure, just not sure I could eat a whole one, or even swallow the first bite.

Looks great on the plate though!

My wife went out shopping and took our little one. So it was just me and my son. We put up a few more Christmas lights and decided to hang out and grill. And we played some soccer and he played in the dirt with his cars for a while too.:becky: I've always liked the heat with my meals. I even take raw jalapenos with me when we go out to eat. Just grew up that way. My wife does not like the hot stuff too much. My kids, are actually getting there. They can do a little bit of hot salsa or some med chile heat in the food itself. They are very curious and tempted at the dinner table when they see me eating chile. THey have gotten into this little game where they dare eachother to touch the inside of the raw jalapeno or just barely put the tip of their finger in the salsa and then taste it. They go back and forth, and back again. Course they have a cold drink in their hand, but they get to the point that they are huffing a bit. At restaurants, they dip the chips in the salsa and try it out on their own too.
My son will help me kill off a basket of hot wings drenched in hot sauce. It's a one bite of the wing and one sip of the soda, but he loves em.
The heat on this salsa was intense since it was not much more than just the chiles. The yellows packed a wallop. But, the little bit of sweet from the rice vinegar helped tone it down a little. I was huffing and puffing as I ate, but that endorphine rush is addictive. Plus, the cold brew in the other hand was good back up too.:becky:
I'm trying to build up their tolerance a little at time.:heh:

Back