1st Try HNF Brisket

Ackman

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Apologies to start--no pics--but have been reading a lot about hot and fast brisket here recently. Well my Lang 36 really prefers to run 300-325 and I am constantly having to throttle it back to the 250-275 area, so I decided, why not let her do what she wants. I started with a 12 pound wagu before trimming. I bought it for a competition that I did not manage to make so it was getting to its cook by date.

Did a basic rub, Montreal Steak seasoning, chili powder salt and sugar. Plunked in on the grill at about 1:30. Cooker stayed pretty much in the 310-325 range. By about 3:30 it probed 168/170. I put it in a foil pan covered and added about half a cup of coke and about the same of Stubbs Beef Marinade. By 4:30 it was probe tender. Pulled it off, separated the point for burnt ends then just foiled the flat till dinner time about 7:00. I have to say it was one of the best that I have made, moist and tender.

My only error was forgetting that I was cooking a lot hotter and the burnt ends, well after about 2 hrs were pretty burnt :mmph: but OK.

Now I have to figure if I can cook pork butts the same way so I can do them both in the same cooker---but competition season about over in the Northeast so have all winter to experiment

I cook butt brisket ribs & chicken all H&F your butts will come out as good the brisket did.

Congrats! We learn from our mistakes and I bet your next HnF burnt ends will turn out perfect! :thumb:

Back