MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-05-2017, 10:43 AM   #1
Jrogers84
is One Chatty Farker

Default Weber customer service

Back a little while ago I had a negative experience with Webers customer service. It was minor so I didnt get too bent out of shape or make a big deal of it. Then comes last week when Firecraft was having a sale. I recently grabbed an older model Q200 to use for tailgating and such. They had a CI griddle for sale and it seemed like a nice add on. I got ahold of Weber to make sure that that griddle would work with my older model. I was assured it would so I purchased it. Once I got it I noticed my Q200 has a one piece grate. This was a half griddle for use in the newer Q2000 that have a 2 piece grate. When I responded to customer service he told me to "Set it on top of the grate" I questioned that asking how it would stay in place. He told me "Its heavy enough that it wont move on the grate" Well, you guys know that a flat griddle on a CI grate is going to move. Not to mention the lid wouldnt shut properly. I again contacted customer service and explained the situation. I was told that I was given wrong information and they will be sending me our a new split grate system to retro fit my older model into a newer one.

I have no issue with someone making a mistake. Were humans, it happens. I am glad to see Weber do whatever was needed to fix that mistake.
Jrogers84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2017, 10:51 AM   #2
BeardedBassGuy
Full Fledged Farker

it's always good when companies do the right thing. Especially big companies, as it seems to be more rare when they do it.
BeardedBassGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 10-05-2017, 12:50 PM   #3
DubfromGA
is One Chatty Farker

Best customer service I've received from any company of any type:

Kamado Joe, Leupold & Weber.

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-06-2017, 08:10 AM   #4
bobaftt
is one Smokin' Farker

First of all Weber for LIFE
now that that is out of the way. Weber customer service has been great on the older stuff I have had. I was less impressed with my new grill purchase support but that may have been as a result of raised expectations on my end.
bobaftt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2017, 02:23 PM   #5
DanB
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Weber customer Service

Hi I just had to post this..Purchased a new WSM 22" smoker when I put it together I noticed small openings when the bottom vents were closed.
I sent 2 e mails to Weber customer service regarding the small openings.
Today I received an E mail from Weber informing me a new bowl was on the way. Made my day I didn't want to mess around with trying to get the vents to close all the way

Now that is what I call GREAT customer service.. Hats off to Weber.

Dan

Old 10-06-2017, 07:44 PM   #6
Bacchus2b
is One Chatty Farker

The other day my Weber Summit finally rusted out the cotter pins holding the lid on, and even though it's four years old at this point they just sent me new ones for free!
Cookshack FEC-100
Weber Summit 420 Gasser
Pit Barrel Cooker
Weber 26" Kettle
PK Classic Grill
Bacchus2b is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2017, 07:53 PM   #7
NY Pork Junkie
On the road to being a farker

I'm not a Weber fanboy, but I've got to say that the difference between the "El' Cheapo Walmart Imitation Weber" charcoal grill that I had 5 years ago and an actual "Weber Premium 22.5"" is complete night and day. Best $150 I've ever spent by a long shot!
NY Pork Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2017, 08:07 PM   #8
DubfromGA
is One Chatty Farker

Yesterday's experience......I'd contacted Weber with some pics of my 22" Master Touch's ash holder ring not fitting quite right.

They sent me a tracking number for a new one.

Package arrived yesterday morning. It was a part for another grill entirely. I emailed them pics and received a reply just minutes later.

Came home from work tonight and there's a package waiting for me.....my ash catcher ring shipped overnight. Wow.

Top notch customer service in my book.

Old 10-06-2017, 09:38 PM   #9
mchar69
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Top notch customer service in my book.
No question , nothing but +1s for them
mchar69 is offline   Reply With Quote