*** TOPS BBQ, Fresno, CA

TOPS BBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Team name: TOPS BBQ

We are a friends and family team that has competed in five comps. We have won three awards in Brisket, one in Chicken and one in Pork. We have yet to win a GC or RGC, but it's getting closer. The way we work is everybody is doing something and we break together.

:!:Upcoming Events::!:

Backyard at the Lake '08 - Westley, CA April 4-5
Blues, Brews & BBQ - Modesto, Ca May 9-10
West Coast BBQ Champioinship - Fairfield, CA Aug
Red, Hot & Real BBQ Championship - Clovis, CA Sept
Smokin' in the Park - Alpine, CA Oct 17-18

:?:possible Events::?:

Moorpark - Moorpark, CA May 30-31
Rock & Ribs - Gilroy, CA June 20-21
Shake, Rattle & Smoke - San Jose, CA July

Location Info: Fresno, CA

Sanctioning Body Info: KCBS & IBCA

Contact info: DiazRFL@aol.com

We have a stick burner, but we take turns manning the pit. We are a team that enjoys having fun and talking S**t. We run by Democracy and I am open to opinions, but I have the ultimate rule. Anyone wanting to learn the ropes or help out is welcome.

Last edited:
You are going to be busy this year

We may have a new one in the north for you to cook

You are going to be busy this year

We may have a new one in the north for you to cook

Teasing us over here on the Brethren too?

Robert, good to see that you guys will be hitting many comps this year. I'm still not sure yet which ones we be able to do yet.

Why don't you just tell me I'm going to be GC. Damn you Thom, nothing but a tease. Give me info!

BTW - I have no idea what the heck those guys from the City are doing on that proposal. I can't get anyone to contact me. As much as I want there to be a comp here, I don't want something that is half arse either.

No Stagecoach?

Sorry. I'll be cooking with several other teams the week before for American Cancer Society - Relay For Life, then Modesto the week after.

Wish I could do every one of them, but my team just don't enjoy traveling much. I have to put incentives up for them, like me paying for gas, meat or t-shirts, aprons or hats for everyone. Their spoiled. That's why I'm a BBQ whore.:shock: I show up at contests looking for teams that need help.

Robert,

Sign me up. I'd love to help out! And learn

Excellent! Someone to meld into a contender! We'll see you at Westley and then maybe Modesto. If you want to cook a crap load of butts, then show up to the Relay For Life and help out there.

Excellent! Someone to meld into a contender! We'll see you at Westley and then maybe Modesto. If you want to cook a crap load of butts, then show up to the Relay For Life and help out there.

I think I already committed to helping with Relay for Life...

Send me the details

Back