• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

$300 for a 26" Kettle(?)

tenpenny_05

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
:shock::shock::shock:

I've wanted a 26" kettle just about as long as I can remember, and I had a small windfall that I thought was going to make it possible. For some reason, I always thought they were $200, so I was super surprised when I started shopping and saw they were $300 everywhere!
Is this new pricing? I still would like one, but I can't justify the price of two WTGs just to have a moderately bigger cooking surface.
END RANT.

Yep, my Weber 26" was $299 when I picked it up about 4 years ago. Worth it in my opinion. Way more cooking surface than the 22".

I asked the Weber rep why the 26 inch and the ranch kettle cost so much more than the smaller ones. He said the factory can stamp the smaller kettles but has to “spin” the larger ones in the manufacturing process. A lot more labor. I have 2-22 inche kettles and 2-26 inche kettles. I seem to collect them! I use the smaller ones mostly but love the bigger ones for bigger cooks or a few racks of ribs.
You do get a lot for your money with the 26. The bale lid holder is nice to have with the heavy lid and ash catcher. It’s a nice rig!

Last edited:
My 26" is my go-to for cooking for my family of 4. Love that thing. If you break out the price over the many, many years it'll get used, it really isn't all that much. I still have a 22" I got in 1993 and I expect the 26" to last at least as long.

My 26" is my go-to for cooking for my family of 4. Love that thing. If you break out the price over the many, many years it'll get used, it really isn't all that much. I still have a 22" I got in 1993 and I expect the 26" to last at least as long.
I have no idea what I paid for my two Weber kettles, 1979 and 1993, but they are still in regular use. Original grates, too.
I attribute that to constant use.

Ive been in the market for a used 26 for years as I cant let my cheapness go.

Man this is where I am. I've bought exactly one weber brand new my entire life. I am on craigslist no less than 4 times a day looking for grill/smoker deals and I have only ever seen one 26" kettle come across and it had been blown over and dented in a storm. I probably should have jumped on it anyway.

I really want a 26" with a slow n sear, and was prepared to fork over not quite $400 for the two. But for $500 I can get a new brand new 22" kettle with a slow n sear and still have enough money left over for a (used) 22" smoker.

I know a few hundred here and there may not be a lot to some of you guys and your hobbies, but this one will have to escape me for a few more years.

Man this is where I am. I've bought exactly one weber brand new my entire life. I am on craigslist no less than 4 times a day looking for grill/smoker deals and I have only ever seen one 26" kettle come across and it had been blown over and dented in a storm. I probably should have jumped on it anyway.

I really want a 26" with a slow n sear, and was prepared to fork over not quite $400 for the two. But for $500 I can get a new brand new 22" kettle with a slow n sear and still have enough money left over for a (used) 22" smoker.

I know a few hundred here and there may not be a lot to some of you guys and your hobbies, but this one will have to escape me for a few more years.

Were the same person. My performer? $60. Q tailgater, 20 bucks. Old daisy wheel kettle, 20 bucks. Older Weber gasser, 20 bucks. I dont need the 26 to get by so Ill just wait until I can save a few bucks.

Ive been in the market for a used 26 for years as I cant let my cheapness go.

I'm with you. I have two 22 kettles. Paid $20 and $30.

If I see a 26 for less than 100 I think I may buy it even though the 22 is enough for me most times

Look at auction and returns in your area,mine was a damaged return. Replaced one leg and have a 100 in it. Have seen them brand new on sites for under 2 hundred. Just gotta look.

Look at auction and returns in your area,mine was a damaged return. Replaced one leg and have a 100 in it. Have seen them brand new on sites for under 2 hundred. Just gotta look.

where do you generally look for these return items?

subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread
o.png

Here there is capital city online auctions, a few other. There are a few guys that sell on Craigslist as well , I picked up a new pk grill for 170 and sold it because it was to small, then realized how much they are on ebay.ebay I had luck getting my Weber summit on a deal.

Buy the 26" and a couple of paver or fire bricks.
picture.php

Or if you HAVE to have a water pan, mini loaf pans are cheap and stack for storage.
picture.php

And get a vortex. Those are a game changer, worth buying if you can't make one.

And get a vortex. Those are a game changer, worth buying if you can't make one.

I’ll agree 100%. The vortex is one wing cooking machine.

I picked up my 26 on CL for $175. I felt it was a bit overpriced, but around here there may be 1 - 2 on CL a year. I think that there aren't that many of them around compared to the 22s. It's a great grill and I love it. $300 for a new one is quite reasonable.

I am not going to start the fire brick vs slow n sear argument again.
I was replying to this.
"I really want a 26" with a slow n sear, and was prepared to fork over not quite $400 for the two. But for $500 I can get a new brand new 22" kettle with a slow n sear and still have enough money left over for a (used) 22" smoker."
The $127.00 saved from not buying a SnS is a good chunk off the $300.00 for a 22" WSM. And you can get the 26" kettle.

Back