Smoker Build Update

Looks like she turned out very nice. Bet your gettin antsy to get a fire lit !

very
i couldnt of done it without your advice

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Coz
used an epoxy primer and a polythene paint single stage

Just payin it forward as those who paved the way to help me.The real credit goes to Stump who helped Smokin Jim build his first clone and to Smokin Jim from Prairie BBQ forum who has spent countless hours to help others do what we have done. It would be cool if ya would poke a thanks on that forum .I cant wait till we get them all at a comp.

i tried to post pics on prairie but i dont think im smart enough to figure it out
im gonna keep trying

I hear my photobucket deal is messed up so the last ones I did Jim posted for me. I met Jim last fall in Lynchburg and he is a hell of a great guy.He was down there visiting and helped cook a deep fried dinner for the International teams .

Painted Today hopefully Saturday seasoning it

Looking good. I'm so jealous of those of you who have the space and can weld.

Just payin it forward as those who paved the way to help me.The real credit goes to Stump who helped Smokin Jim build his first clone and to Smokin Jim from Prairie BBQ forum who has spent countless hours to help others do what we have done. It would be cool if ya would poke a thanks on that forum .I cant wait till we get them all at a comp.

That is very cool. I hadn't heard or seen that. Amazing that someone who makes a living selling them would help people lone them. I'll have to go looking for some of those old threads.

I never found the threads but heard te rumors,
yje8ened.jpg

Couple more weekends.

Every time I see these posts I get the desire to learn to Weld! Then I go price units out and about crap myself.

Nice build my friend! Well done

im gonna have between 1500 and 1700 in it with a guruthat was 300

That is very cool. I hadn't heard or seen that. Amazing that someone who makes a living selling them would help people lone them. I'll have to go looking for some of those old threads.[/QUOTE]

I dont know as that there was any real threads with Stump . I think Stump helped Jim then Jim started the forum. I can tell you that on occasions Stump has commented on different aspects of the building process.He may not tell you exactly where you need to be but he steers you that way. I have had a conversation or two in private messages on Prairie BBQ with Stump and I have the utmost respect for Stump and his cookers. If I ever get down that way I am taking the time to visit. Any one who can make a living out of building cookers and paying employees to do that in this economy gets my best wishes be it Stumps ,Backwoods ,Spicewine or any of the few doing it full time. :clap: :clap:

Back