• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Fark it

parrothead

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Price of steel and all I decided I am going to buy a slightly used mobile pit. It was just built about a year ago and I know the guy took care of it. I am almost 100% sure on the purchase, but will sleep on it 1 more night.

Check this bad boy out.

Holy POOPIE! What a smoker. You could cook the entire brethren in that thing.
Who's the manufacturer? Stats on that baby?

Can you explain the stacks at the same end as the firebox. Awesome looking rig, does the powered dolly come with it?

BrooklynQ said:
Holy POOPIE! What a smoker. You could cook the entire brethren in that thing.
Who's the manufacturer? Stats on that baby?

I figure it will sleep nine at the next bash.

Made by Ed Ortone. A guy in Georgia.

41 inch pipe 22 and a half foot long entire monster.

kcquer said:
Can you explain the stacks at the same end as the firebox. Awesome looking rig, does the powered dolly come with it?

Smoke goes under everything and comes back up on the left and then exits through the pipes. I believe that there is a name for that.

No powered dolly with. End Loader mod to move it around.

Bigmofo300lbs said:
What do you when you just want 1 turkey leg? Congrats!! It looks great. Cant wait to hear the specs.

Bic lighter and a couple of hickory chips.

I will throw up the specs later.

Greg,
Looks nice on the surface, but some serious flaws:

1. It's "real" steel. A "real man's" pit is made from thin foreign sheet metal, costs about $300, and requires about $500 worth of Mod's to work right!

2. The trailer is far too short. You need the front area for wood and charcoal. So, where ya gonna put the beer cooler's? Obvious oversight!

3. Needs some more thermometers! I only see 9 (I think). That puppy needs about 50. For the kind of money you are probably paying--it should look like a porcupine!

4. Your custom firebox basket from Big Al is gonna set ya back about 2 grand! But, he needs the work.

OK--no more jokes!
I AM GREEN WITH ENVY :mrgreen:

I hope you pull this off and I am allowed to at least touch it some day.

Real question--Any idea what the tongue weight is? The pic makes it look about 80% forward unless the firebox is "some kinda" heavy?

The good thing is--at a cookoff you won't even have to place good. Food Network and all the media will want to interview you and take pics of your cooker!

Kewl!!!!!!

Just write the man a check and--
Keep us posted.
TIM

Greg that's awesome, i think you should buy it,paint the new mascot on it and make it our offical smoker. With all these contest you would be on the road all the time.UMM sounds like a new show for food tv. Give Al Roker a run for the money.We could have teams all over the country.I guess we would need sponsors to make it worth while for you. What do you think Brothers?

First, I don't drive all over. I abhore driving long distances, but I will do it for competitions if I have to.

I know it looks a little off center. The firebox is half inch plate if that means anything. Heavy farker mod.

Whole thing weighs about 4,000 pounds.

Not a bad idea though to put the pig on it somewhere. We need to get a final and official versionof that pig and name it.

parrothead said:
Not a bad idea though to put the pig on it somewhere. We need to get a final and official versionof that pig and name it.

The Pig needs teeth brothers! Remember when we name it - the pig's a bitch (or is bitch reserved for dogs?) Can't eat a male pig! Nasty stuff.

Greg, that pit is a beautyof a beast. If you land it let me know cause I'll be down to get a first hand look and toast a few brews after paying homage.

BrooklynQ said:
parrothead said:

The Pig needs teeth brothers! Remember when we name it - the pig's a bitch (or is bitch reserved for dogs?) Can't eat a male pig! Nasty stuff.

If it's a SOW, you gotta name it BABE because that pit is a babe!@!!

Neil said:
Greg, that pit is a beautyof a beast. If you land it let me know cause I'll be down to get a first hand look and toast a few brews after paying homage.

Well then you better be here in Sept. for the bash, because it is looking like it will be here for you to "PAY HOMAGE" to. I'll have the brews.

Back