The Cool Hand Luke Project Complete!!! (PRON)

River City Smokehouse

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
For those who may have not seen the first thread of my "Cool Hand Luke"Project, here is the link with pron.

I got "Cool Hand Luke" back from the prison in Pacific, Mo. today. He dawns a new powder coating with clear powder coating as well. The pics are not of the best quality since I only had my Blackberry to take pics with. I will bring it home tomorrow and put the coals to it this weekend. This project was 100% Missouri Department of Corrections inmate built. Thanks for looking!
IMG00313.jpg

IMG00314.jpg

IMG00316.jpg

IMG00315.jpg

You gotta invite that inmate over for some Q! That thing is awesome!

Wow, nice drum.

You could get the inmates mass producing these things and the state could ultimately make enough money to stop income tax...:-D:-D

Is that Mary Kay Pink? How much lipstick did you have to sell for one of those?

That too cool for a correctional build. Looks really really good. Question. Does your prison have a powder coater? Once you season the inside its rust free living for a long time. You did coat the bottom right?? I forgot when i painted mine:(
kris

Damn they did a Great Job on that,, Are those your specs that they built it to? They could build them and sell them to make extra money,, Hell I'd buy one of those...

That too cool for a correctional build. Looks really really good. Question. Does your prison have a powder coater? Once you season the inside its rust free living for a long time. You did coat the bottom right?? I forgot when i painted mine:(
kris
Our Pacific, Mo facility does all the powder coating for everything we build. I haven't looked at the bottom, but they were supposed to. Instead of burning it out, I had them sand blast the inside.

Damn they did a Great Job on that,, Are those your specs that they built it to? They could build them and sell them to make extra money,, Hell I'd buy one of those...
They built it from my drawing. We already make and sell about four different BBQ pits and they sell pretty good. We have rib racks now and beer butt chicken racks too. There are several guys at work that want a barrel now.

Back