MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > For the Board

Notices

For the Board *On Topic Only* Strictly moderated. NO BAD KARMA! This forum is for questions and discussions you would like reviewed by members of the KCBS(or other BBQ orgs) Board of Directors. A clean and direct place where they do not have to wade thru day to day chatter.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:58 AM   #31
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Sue View Post
Would you then have all committee meetings recorded for MP3 like board meetings for interested members? I foresee transparency issues if they aren't handled this way.
I can't speak for Steve, but I'd begin with a committee composed of members willing to serve and have their names made public. The committee would have the responsibility of delivering a written report and recommendation to the BoD for action, that would be included within the minutes.

As it is now, we aren't getting recordings or minutes from committee meetings. I see it as a first step in the right direction.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2011, 10:02 AM   #32
ThomEmery
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeBBQ View Post
I think this special meeting shows the need for active committees. All of this stuff should be hashed out in a committee meeting and then their suggestions should be presented to the board. To try and resolve these issues in an open meeting of the board is next to impossible. They talk and talk and talk and nothing gets resolved
That is the best a way to make this board workable

Team What Wood Jesus Que?

Www.bbqthom.com
ThomEmery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:07 AM   #33
Dan - 3eyzbbq
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Dan

Quote:
Would you then have all committee meetings recorded for MP3 like board meetings for interested members? I foresee transparency issues if they aren't handled this way.
What would the issues be? The Board makes the final call, the committees do research, brainstorming and submit their ideas. Interested members could be on the committees rather than just listening.

Thanks to our sponsors: The BBQ Guru, The Grill Center, Grizzly Coolers, Make it Meaty and Natures Own Charcoal
Dan - 3eyzbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:41 AM   #34
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:

Nope. The point of the committee is to be able to spend the required amount of time on a single subject and let all the dumb stuff be aired out and filtered before it comes to the board in an organized thought out manner via a written report. If the Board has questions about the report they go back to the committee, it gets hashed out and regurgitated some more until it's resolved to the boards satisfaction. All reports will be public and all suggestions would be public as well as the committees members. Complete transparency minus the awkward, embarrassing drama. This is of course just my opinion.

This post is my opinion and mine alone, not necessarily that of the KCBS, it's board of directors or office nor that of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and certainly not Rush Limbaugh.
YankeeBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:51 AM   #35
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

One other thing, I think all committee reports should have a short summary at the end that can be read during the meeting so when the BOD refers to a document in an MP3 recording the summery can be read and at least the membership knows what is being discussed and or voted on.

This post is my opinion and mine alone, not necessarily that of the KCBS, it's board of directors or office nor that of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and certainly not Rush Limbaugh.
YankeeBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 12-02-2011, 10:56 AM   #36
BritToby
Knows what a fatty is.

What about stating what time on the MP3 each point is discussed? Would certainly save time for those interested in certain issues.
BritToby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #37
dmprantz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by British BBQ Society View Post
What about stating what time on the MP3 each point is discussed? Would certainly save time for those interested in certain issues.
I was thinking about this last night. A list of start times and topics would be helpful. I was also thinking maybe bookmarks or chapters in the recording would be useful, but I'm not sure if MP3 has that capabillity. Years ago when I was burning concert recordings to CD, there was a tool that allowed me to setup bookmarks in an MP3 and then cut it to each of those as a track. Maybe dividing up the big MP3 into smaller ones would work? If some one has the time and wants to do it, it would be cool to burn that to an ISO image playable as a CD. It could be mounted (MagicDisc on Windows) and played either in its entirety or for a specific track. I know I'm a geek and that seems like a lot of work, and may not be doable, but if some one was going to listen to it to make note of topic start/stop times, the act of cutting and/or burning takes only a little bit of extra time with the right software.

dmp

dmprantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #38
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Before I start asking questions, does anyone know where a copy of the rules for the TOY can be found on the KCBS site?

I just don't want to taste shoe leather again by inserting my foot in my mouth.
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote