Second round of MOINKS w/ pron

McGurk

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Better than my first ones, but I guess I'd rather put my appetizer effort into ABT's. I bathered about 1/2 in Famous Dave's Texas Pit.

The promised pron:

moink1.jpg

^^^The requisite ingredients.

moink2.jpg

^^^Wrapped and ready.

moink3.jpg

^^^The 4 on the right had a bbq bath, the others did not.

Moinks are tastey and fast to make but ABT's cost less to make and are more delicious. They both have a time and a place. I agree, if your taking the time to wrap something in bacon it may as well be a delicious pepper stuffed with deliciousness.

Try to make your balls Phrom scratch sometime.
Somehow I love the sentence here above...

I think the Armour Italian meat balls also have pork and turkey in them...but I'd hit those regardless!

Didn't think to look for the meat content of the meatballs, I guess that may have been the issue. Checked it out and found this:

Ingredients: Beef, Pork, Water, Mechanically Separated Turkey, Textured Soy Flour, Bread Crumbs, etc...

Like I said, this was my second round of them, and the first ones (also Armour) weren't good at all. Edible, but not at the level that they are talked up around here. I will probably take Phu's advice and try a batch w/ homemade meatballs and all beef, as I tend to like them better than the cheapo frozen ones anyways. Thanks for the advice!

These days it seems difficult to find ANY frozen meatballs in my area that do not include at least one other kind of meat. The Armour Beef were the only ones I could find so I think I'll try my hand at making from scratch too.:wink:

Do you guys want the Dutch Style Noskos MOINK Ball recipe?:rolleyes:
Garonteed hit!:becky::thumb:

If you are making MOINK Balls from scratch remember to check out the NOSKOS rule. Additions to the recipe like cheese, peppers and other additives void MOINK Ball status.

Oh!

And as cute as the term MOINKS is the International MOINK Ball Appreciation Society prefers the more formal MOINK Balls...

Just sayin'

If you are making MOINK Balls from scratch remember to check out the NOSKOS rule. Additions to the recipe like cheese, peppers and other additives void MOINK Ball status.
Larry, I'd like to get the fat content up if I make from scratch and use ground sirloin. Would Butter be acceptable? Or should I use good ol' 80/20?

Larry, I'd like to get the fat content up if I make from scratch and use ground sirloin. Would Butter be acceptable? Or should I use good ol' 80/20?

Some may consider me a little over the top in protecting the integrity of the MOINK Ball. And I might just be, but damn I'm not that over the top. If you want to put butter in your MOINK Balls go right ahead.

But ground sirloin wrapped in bacon is going to have plenty of fat. It's not going to dry out, as long as you make you meatballs correctly.

Thanks Larry. I'll give it a shot without the butter.

I apologize, oh Grand Poobah of MOINK Balls. (slapping myself on the wrist) I will abide by any and all rules laid out by the administrator for the vaunted MOINK Balls, including but limited to the NOSKOS addendum.

I apologize, oh Grand Poobah of MOINK Balls. (slapping myself on the wrist) I will abide by any and all rules laid out by the administrator for the vaunted MOINK Balls, including but limited to the NOSKOS addendum.

Not sure why the apology but I'll take it. The NOSKOS recipe rocks. You should like it.

The interesting things is that when it comes to appetizers I'm a multiple appetizer guy myself. Got to have more than one type and ABTs and MOINK Balls are normally what ends up on the table.

Thanks Larry. I'll give it a shot without the butter.

Try this, it should clog your arteries...

Make your MOINK Balls and when almost done start basting them with a 50/50 mixture of your favorite BBQ sauce and melted butter. That should do the trick.

Try this, it should clog your arteries...

Make your MOINK Balls and when almost done start basting them with a 50/50 mixture of your favorite BBQ sauce and melted butter. That should do the trick.
Oooooooooooooo...I like. I had to take another Lipitor just reading that.

Noskos' MOINK Ball recipe

I think these measurements are with actual tea/tablespoons,I'll ask Noskos.

750 gram ground beef
40 gram Parmesan cheese
1 beaten egg
60 gram seasoned bread crumbs
2 tablespoon fine chopped garlic
1 teaspoon seasalt
1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
118 ml milk
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried parsley

smokedayV-1.jpg

CLARIFICATION:

The NOSKOS recipe uses cheese. In this case cheese is complimentary to the beef. Making it acceptable to the IMBAS. When meatballs are wrapped around cheese as an example this gives a disproportionate beef to "filler" ratio thus negating the overall beef goodness necessary for an official MOINK Ball.

Back