Simply Marvelous Leg of Lamb

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Well, we bought this bone in leg of lamb at Whole Foods and decided to do it hot and fast a la SmokinAussie. We made a rub of celery seed, black pepper corns and sea salt ground in the coffee grinder, made slits in the leg to insert sliced garlic and fresh rosemary (Thanks Redhot!) then put in a foodsaver bag with about a cup of wine to vacuum suck and seal. Into the fridge it went for two days. (We only meant to do it for overnight but stuff happened). Prepared the grill for indirect and dialed it in at 325 with some oak chunks and the Stubbs. Rubbed generously with Simply Marvelous Cherry - first time we've used this one, and onto the grill it went in a roasting pan with the leftover marinade. After two hours or so we pulled it at 137 (Went outside at 135 but it climbed two more by the time it came off the grill) and into the house to be foiled for a good rest. We also grilled some zukes and peppers, and asparagus. These were coated with evoo, salt, fresh black pepper, jalapeno flakes and garlic powder. Sorry, didn't get any plate shots but did get plenty of pron:

slivers.jpg

sealed.jpg

rubbed-2.jpg

rub-1.jpg

onthegrill-3.jpg

at110it.jpg

gus.jpg

prefoil.jpg

offthegrill.jpg

sliced1-1.jpg

sliced-6.jpg

This came out partly medium rare and medium depending on where you sliced it but it was alllllllllllllll good.

Thanks for looking!

I have to say that the Simply Marvelous Cherry was a PERFECT rub for the lamb. I am soooooooooo glad I decided to use it on this one.:thumb::thumb:

Dang G. and Red!! You guys are turning out some pretty lamb lately.

Ya'll inspired me to do a rack a couple weeks ago and I loved it. Thanks.

Hang on... it's comin'... It's a REALLY comin..

Geeez it's a farkin 5 hat lamb dinner, but its 11pm and I've got a gut full of dinner, apple pie and whiskey. I'm not sure I can navigate graphics.... And my ALF team just got thumped...

HIC.... Zzzzzzzz

If it weren't for you Bill, I probably wouldn't have ever tried lamb again after my first experience. (Bad deli sandwich)
Now, I'm a believer!:thumb::thumb:

Fanfarkingtastic! That really looks great. :clap2: I've been digging the SM Cherry as well (the other stuff is great, but we're talkin cherry right now). Might be puttin' some to use on MOINKs this weekend. Nice, nice, nice work! :thumb:

Congratulations Guerry and Red Hot.

That's the best Bone -in Leg of Lamb Ive ever seen BBQ'd the USA EVER!... If fact it's the ONLY Bone-in Leg of Lamb I have seen done in the USA.!!!

ALFTickofApproval.gif

For the record, This is Guerry And Red Hot's 4th ALF Award for 2011, of a total 15 already awarded this year.

That means for the second annual champion vote, to be held at the end of the year, there is gonna be some stiff competition.

Red hot and Guerry have set the bar high!

Cheers!

Bill

Back