3 hours in

B

BobF

This the 3 Butts I am smoking. There is Brisket underneath, but you can't see it.
Also made some of Kevin's smoked beans and I got a couple of fatties (2 pounders) to put on tommorrow.
Tommorrow is my birthday and I am throwing a party. There may be 50 people here tommorrow. Mike's birthday was beginning of the month so we are 29 days apart. He is bringing his guitar along with a couple of other friends that play so we will have a little blues too. :cool:

Attachments

• Butts-B.jpg
    Butts-B.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 82
i like big butts, you otha brothas can........never mind i am much to white for that. looks good and happy bday

BobF, I am doing a brisket tomorrow cause it's my birthday to. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!!

BobF, I am doing a brisket tomorrow cause it's my birthday to. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!!

No thats my birthday, you can't have it too!! :biggrin:
I had it first. well maybe. The party is Bob and Mike's Older than Dirt Birthday soiree .... cause we are older than dirt. :cool:

Happy birthday! :icon_clown

Butts over Brisket! Yeah that's the way to go.

Looks really good so far.

My phantom party (no more pics, at least that I took) was a blast. Had lots of good Q and some great old blues picken.
I think we had close to 50 people. They stocked up my liquor cabinet pretty well and brought lots of great sides to go with. I sent a few home with some pork. Cooked 2 2lb fatties that disappeared quickly. The brisket left might make one sammy.
Ended up cooking about 23 hours and got up about 4 times in the night to check things as the remote thermo failed miserably.
Towards the end of the cook, the ash under the basket built up to the point of interferring with the fire. I might have to raise it a little more off the floor of the drum. Boy is that sucker broke in now. No way is it going to rust now. There is a layer of smoked fat that no water could get through.
Most of the men went home with ideas of making their own UDS.

Back