• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

thighs

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
R

Rick's Tropical Delight

cherry smoked and sweet baby ray soaked

thighs-012.jpg

marinade for the cook

thighs-010.jpg

marinated cook

thighs-008.jpg

Chicken looks awesome. That cook marinade looks tasty too.

Rick the thighs look goo enough to eat. WTG Again.

Are those supermarket thighs? Any big name brand? For some reason they just look "different", but definitely in a positive way.

Are those supermarket thighs? Any big name brand? For some reason they just look "different", but definitely in a positive way.

those came from the IGA down the road. no brand name, but they might have repackaged them. there was a couple real small ones in there. i've got another pack to do today. these didn't get very crispy skin so i'll try the raised grid to get them higher in the dome today...

dizzy pig tsunami spin is the rub

thighs-001.jpg

How long do you cook the cook? :lol: What temp? :lol:

Looks great as usual Rick.

Thighs are my favorite part of the chicken, and you just raised the bar on the YUM scale!

Nice thighs, Rick! (Hey... If you guys can tell Cajun Smoker how much you like his butt, I can complement Rick's thighs :rolleyes:)

Great looking food Rick. That pic of you, man do you look cold :eek: You guys are sure tough. :lol:

Rick...you have some nice lookin' thighs there brother! :twisted: The ale looks pretty good...is it a pale or an amber?

Nice lookin' thighs Rick. Hmmmmm, I did some yesterday too.... same cooker, same wood, same parts, different rub, no sauce and Sam Adams Light. :mrgreen:

DSC04358h.jpg

eye of the hawk

"The Harley-Davidson of American beers."
Red Tail Ale is a standard of mine - but that's the ONLY Mendocino brew I can get around here. :sad:

Mighty tasty beer though - and I'll bet it tastes a little better than a Harley-Davidson, although I've never licked a Harley - just drooled over one.

Smoked chicken thighs are my favorite. Be sure to pull the skin back, sprinkle a little rub under the skin and then pin the skin back in place with toothpicks. That way your seasonings can cook into the meat better than just putting it on the outside.

Way to go!

Back