BBQ Brethren Throwdown - "Brisket"

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
This weeks category is...

[SIZE=+2]"Brisket"[/SIZE]
Brisket1_12.jpg

Photo from patiodaddiobbq

Here are the immutable rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown! These same rules will apply every week
regardless of category. You must adapt the chosen category to these rules in order to enter.

1) The item must be either Grilled or Smoked.
2) Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown week ( 3/16 - 3/22 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by 9pm Central on 3/23.
4) Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5) If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.

The voting will begin by Tuesday 3/24 after I submit the "Vote" thread and voting will close on Sunday 3/29. All votes will be public.

Next weeks category will be determined by the winner of the "Lamb" throwdown Nature Boy!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

After the great brisket threads lately, this is really gonna be fun and, I predict, dang difficult to pick a winner.:biggrin:

im⋅mu⋅ta⋅ble   /ɪˈmyu
thinsp.png
thinsp.png
bəl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [i-myoo-tuh-buh
thinsp.png
l] Show IPA
–adjective not mutable; unchangeable; changeless.

Had to look that big word up bro...:twisted:

I'd be excited too with those amazing smells in the air.

Your camera might have a macro setting? Looks like a flower icon on most cameras. Turn that badboy on if yur closer than 18 inches, and it'll be mo sharper.

Beers, Chris

My photography skills are nothing to brag about either. I have some cheapo camera but have gotten much better at posting pron. In person it looks awesome..sometimes I post thinking..is that the same thing I just cooked? Some people on here can take a picture of a brick slathered w/ a glaze and make it look edible:shock:

My photography skills are nothing to brag about either. I have some cheapo camera but have gotten much better at posting pron. In person it looks awesome..sometimes I post thinking..is that the same thing I just cooked? Some people on here can take a picture of a brick slathered w/ a glaze and make it look edible:shock:

Tee hee, that was funny, but true!:biggrin:

LOL! You are right about that. Some amazing photo skills around here. Not sure they'd be able to make a brick look edible, but they are damn good at pron. The whole photography thing....what makes a nice image and what makes a bad image....is complicated.
But if the most helpful things to remember:

The light makes the image. Light coming from the sides or the back of the subject give the image definition and depth. Light coming from just above your lens (like a flash) makes images flat and dull. So use existing lighting if you can. A flash picture will probably never win the throwdown.

Hold the camera still. One problem with using existing light is that sometimes is that there is not enough of it...especially inside. So the best pictures will involve a tripod or a really steady hand. Inside light is not daylight..and your camera is balanced for daylight. So your colors will shift with inside light. But you can set most cameras to balance the color if you are using inside light (like flourescent or incandescent). And don't forget to push t he macro button if shooting close. Plus, the closer you are to the subject, the more still you need to hold the camera.

Not sure if it helps, but I just felt like babbling ;-)
Beers
They are cold here now.
Chris

Damn Diva, I was just about to go to Sam's to look for a brisket. Now I may just hang my head and walk away in shame. :biggrin:

Nice pics!!!

Yes, it appears Diva has not only prepared an amazing briskie but was able to document it extremely well also. I especially like to parsley touch!
Nice work...I'll take a couple slices please and some of those end thingies too!!

Brisket Throwdown

DSC07368a.jpg

My entry this week will be the pastrami I smoked on Monday. This is about a 4 pound corned brisket flat, rubbed with pepper, coriander, garlic, onion powder, Montreal, thyme and paprika, then smoked with pecan and cherry. The entry picture above shows it chilled and sliced, this was taken in to a St Patrick's Day potluck.

DSC07353a.jpg

DSC07361a.jpg

Back