Going to my first KCBS pro comp tomorrow

Well, we got our a$$es handed to us last weekend. I was very unhappy w/ ribs, and our scores reflected that. 32 teams, 32nd place in ribs. We did 18 in pork and 20 in chicken, which we're ok with. I'm dumbfounded on our brisket though. 31 out of 32. We had a couple judges notes back w/ our results, and 1 judge said it was "too bland", while the other said it was "too spicy". I don't know how to read that.

Overall placed 31 out of the 32 teams. Oh well, we had fun, and we'll be doing it again. Not discouraged, but we are disappointed.

Thanks for letting us in on your results.
Remember - 99% of us keyboard monkeys
are hacks, and wanna be's - (me included)
good for trying, cant get much worse than those scores,
so things are looking up.
(oh crap, sorry!)

I'll 1 up you and let you know I finished super magical dead arse last in my first KCBS :becky:. I don't even think it was close either :eusa_clap.

Congrats on getting one under your belt :-D. Holler if you ever want to chat about comp ideas and direction.

Good luck and watch out for the Wisconsin boys! They'll get you in trouble! :-D

I suppose this means you will probably skip Kenosha........

Congratulations on making the leap. Gonna have good days and bad days in this business...... All the value of anything you experience in life cannot be quantified on a scoresheet.......... The people you will meet in Bbq are the best score anyway.....

I suppose this means you will probably skip Kenosha........

Congratulations on making the leap. Gonna have good days and bad days in this business...... All the value of anything you experience in life cannot be quantified on a scoresheet.......... The people you will meet in Bbq are the best score anyway.....

You are absolutely correct!

Back