Buckboard Brisket and Bacon

I like the buckboard bacon cure on pork, but I'm still skeptical about how it would taste on beef. I guess I'll either have to show up on your door step or try it myself!

oops I posted under an old thread by accident. here is the question. Thanks.

That looks good. Thirdeye gave me the link to get the buckboard bacon cure. I have it now. I was wondering what the difference is between pork loin and pork tenderloin. I want to try the cure on a butt and a tenderloin of some kind.

That way I can see which I like better.

Thanks,
Brian

Pork loin is much bigger and cheaper. Should run about $2/lb and whole pork loins go 6 to 10 pounds.

Tenderloins are small, averages about 2 or 3 lb package and they run about $4 and up per pound.

Most grocery stores sell tenderloins whole, but sell pork loins sliced up as boneless pork chops.

I like the buckboard bacon cure on pork, but I'm still skeptical about how it would taste on beef. I guess I'll either have to show up on your door step or try it myself!

Swing by my place and I'll catch a ride with you. :mrgreen: I take pride in my backseat driving skills and having to make pit-stops at the worst possible times.

Back