yoder cheyenne seals with sb-188

willevo

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Hi Group,

I am seasoning my new Yoder Cheyenne and noticed a bunch of leakage around the main chamber, fire box and smoke stack where the tube enters the chamber. (it is not welded on as i think they did that to save on shipping maybe) I read that some people seal their main off set chamber with sb-188 sealant, but can we do that to the seal for the smoke stack as well?

Would you guys recommend sealing the smoke stack from the outside or doing the seal from inside the chamber where the stack rests?

Also, does anyone have suggestions to shore up the firebox? (not concerned about the door but the main lid on top) I know the sb-188 is rated to 500 degrees but wasn't sure I could seal the fire box with that... If I can great.. or if you have any suggestions I am happy to try them..

I looked at lava lock as well but thought I would try the sb-188 sealant first.

Thanks for any advice!!

Have a great week,
Will

I have SB-188 around my YS 640 fire box and I’m sure it exceeds 500-600 degrees with no issues. That’s what they use from the factory at Yoder

make a smiley face on the door with it, any other use of sillycone on an offset is a waste of time and sealer

Back