MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #16
mr dirts bbq
Full Fledged Farker

i can do it, my pleasure, my big pit will fit 60 racks or 40 birds no problem, pm for my number
i did 350lbs last week of brisket, butts, brats etc
charbroil offset, custom trailer pit, 46" vermont castings gasser, 18" kettle, big poppa smokers engineered drum kit smoker than was never picked up = NEW TOY! :becky: and last but not least: a never ending 20' comp trailer project:doh:
mr dirts bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #17
Bob S
is One Chatty Farker

I'm in! Happy to help a good cause.
WSM 18"
Weber 22.5" Performer
Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle
Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver "Guinness" Kettle
Weber Genesis gasser
Blazin' Buttz BBQ Team www.blazinbuttz-bbq.com
Bob S is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2012, 09:35 PM   #18
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Id say we are in covered for pits now between pauls big pit and mr dirt plus the 2 lang 84 and 2 fast eddys we are stocked. Ill have my trailer too. Anyone wants to come help, and hang ouf, cook, rub elbows ....all welcome!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2012, 06:48 AM   #19
MikeR
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
Id say we are in covered for pits now between pauls big pit and mr dirt plus the 2 lang 84 and 2 fast eddys we are stocked. Ill have my trailer too. Anyone wants to come help, and hang ouf, cook, rub elbows ....all welcome!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Edit-Posted on the wrong thread. Was repying to the BOTB thread asking for help with snow fencing.

GRIM REAPER SMOKERS [B]-[/B] [I]"BBQ To Die For"[FONT=verdana, arial]™ [/FONT][/I]Under the [B]"LENIENT"[/B] direction of Pit Master Tim.

22.5 OTG, 18.5 OTS, 18.5 WSM, Chargriller Duo with optional side fire box.
[COLOR=red]"Founders Club" Operation BBQ Relief.[/COLOR]
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #20
tgellert
Found some matches.

Default Man ... I'd be there if it wasn't for New Holland!

This really stinks as I live DIRECTLY across the street from the V.A. I'll be on my way back from New Holland that day ... darn it. Next year FOR SURE!!
tgellert is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #21
Frank Sacco
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cue's Your Daddy View Post
This should be a blast. Usually when you cook for something like this its for a fundraiser and you are cooking for joe publick. This is for the soldiers themselves. And sacco was a marine, even tho he is pretty weak. HI FRANK.
Wow... back in my hay day when I was full of piss and vinegar, I probably would have taken offense to that. However, I did serve my country? How was boot camp for you?

I'm looking forward to this cook! It ought to be a blast with the line up that has volunteered.
Sponsors: Oakridge BBQ, Frontier Charcoal
NEBS MAFIA
Blazin' Buttz BBQ www.blazinbuttzbbq.com
Frank Sacco is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #22
ccbear
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Thank you for honoring the veteran's in this wonderful way. I know they will all really enjoy it. You guys rock!!
ccbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2012, 07:24 AM   #23
MikeR
is One Chatty Farker

Anybody have an idea of what time they'll be showing up Friday night?

GRIM REAPER SMOKERS [B]-[/B] [I]"BBQ To Die For"[FONT=verdana, arial]™ [/FONT][/I]Under the [B]"LENIENT"[/B] direction of Pit Master Tim.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:52 PM   #24
Westexbbq
somebody shut me the fark up.

BUMP

Ok, what's the plan/time etc. for those of us who are participating.??
Should be a very righteous event.
Texas International Pop Festival, Labor Day 1969.
IMBAS Certified.
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Always remember, no matter where ya go,
there you are.
I wanna tell you 'bout Texas radio and the big beat.
Someday, I hope to visit Penelope.
Hondo Crouch, Famous Late Mayor of Lunkenbach, Texas who advocated a 'dillo diet: "You can eat nothing but armadillos for a month, but you will have to run down and catch all the armadillos you eat and it can really take the weight off!"

Westexbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #25
T-Man
is one Smokin' Farker

Kudos , Brethren ..!!! The Vets will enjoy it , save some for the military working dogs also
if they are there ( they save the lives of our service members every day ) Semper Fi !!!
The T-Man........

Old 08-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #26
Frank Sacco
is One Chatty Farker

Word was passed Sunday via the super secret brethren bat phone, arrival time Friday 6-7 p.m.
Sponsors: Oakridge BBQ, Frontier Charcoal
NEBS MAFIA
Blazin' Buttz BBQ www.blazinbuttzbbq.com
Frank Sacco is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #27
Cue's Your Daddy
is one Smokin' Farker

Here are all the logistics.We will be cooking 6 Briskets, 8-10 pork butts, 60 racks of ribs, and 40 whole chickens. Poobah wants to be ready to cook on Friday around 6 -7pm. All the big meats will be cooked on friday night and the chicken and ribs will be cooked Saturday morning. Food will be served between 11am and 3pm, and this will be done by the VA hospital staff. The cookers that are going to be used is Purple Pork Masters trailer, Phil and Blazin Butts FE, Joe (Mr. Dirts BBQ) cooker and my smoker. We do not need any WSM. The people who said they were going to help was Phil, myself, purple pork masters, BLAZIN BUTTS, Mr. Dirts BBQ, and the Grimm Reaper crew, and Wes. If i missed anyone I apologize, just chime in. Saturday's cook will start around 5am. I think Phils plans was to use the Pork Master Shwag in wagon and Mr. Dirts BBQ for the big meats on Friday and the FE's and my smoker on saturday Morning for the ribs and chicken. And we will then use whatever for holding the meats. If you guys cant make it friday just give us the heads up and we will figure it out. Nothing is set in stone with what smokers to use but he thought this would make the most scense. He was also driving and on his cell phone on speaker phone so he kept throwing random thoughts out, and was also getting lost when he was driving. This should be a fun time and with all the people who said they will help, a nice enjoyable time, even with sacco there.
KCBS Certified Judge
Custom built Smoker
Big Green Egg/2 WSM/4 Webber Kettles
Webber Gasser
Cue's Your Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-21-2012, 06:52 AM   #28
timzcardz
Babbling Farker

Paul,

Confirming that my brother Mike, and I, and maybe my son Mike, will be there Friday, but probably not until after 7 (we only get home around 6).
Weber Genesis Silver x 2
Weber One Touch Gold
Weber Performer x 2
Weber Smokey Joe
Bottle of Absolut
Bottle of Beer
Everything Ripken, "Cards and Que. One tastes of cardboard, the other sweet blue." ©
timzcardz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2012, 07:26 AM   #29
Grizzly6
Full Fledged Farker

As a vet myself I would love to assist, however I will be unable to make the trip. If anyone wants to get froggy and do something like this in Iowa at one of the sites I would love to help, assist, cook, rub elbows or just show up and eat some grub...
DUCAN Affinity - gasser
Mini UDS (For the 12 yr old of course)
Extreme amounts of awesome to assist
12 yr old who loves to cook, and an 9 yr old who is
getting interested
Grizzly6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2012, 08:19 AM   #30
MikeR
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzcardz View Post
Paul,

Confirming that my brother Mike, and I, and maybe my son Mike, will be there Friday, but probably not until after 7 (we only get home around 6).
And probably the newest member of our team, Mike. Edit- After further review and a text from Tim our newest member apparently can not make this.