A Life's Dream has been Realized!

kcmike

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Like everyone else, I've always dreamed of competeing at The Jack. And, like most everyone else, that dream has still eluded me. However, since I started this rub business last Feb, my perspective changed and my new dream has been to have our spices compete there instead.

Well, a couple days ago, I found out that one of the teams competeing there will be using our spices! I won't mention their name here or anywhere to protect their anonymity, but needless to say, it's an ABSOLUTE HONOR to have them use our spices in this prestigious contest. I am truly humbled.

To the team which shall remain nameless and to everyone else using our products, Thank you for your business!!!

Mike
Oakridge BBQ

Congrats! That is a great achievement in itself. While personal glory of attending, competing and potentially winning such a great event would be outstanding, having your product being used and the advertising there in I think could even be more rewarding.

That's awesome Mike, congratulations and much success to you both!

One of my best memories is when I first saw my stuff in the grocery stores. I felt like I had made it to the big time. Good luck with your venture.

Like everyone else, I've always dreamed of competeing at The Jack. And, like most everyone else, that dream has still eluded me. However, since I started this rub business last Feb, my perspective changed and my new dream has been to have our spices compete there instead.

Well, a couple days ago, I found out that one of the teams competeing there will be using our spices! I won't mention their name here or anywhere to protect their anonymity, but needless to say, it's an ABSOLUTE HONOR to have them use our spices in this prestigious contest. I am truly humbled.

To the team which shall remain nameless and to everyone else using our products, Thank you for your business!!!

Mike
Oakridge BBQ

I really admire that !!.. I hope to someday have products out there, but I could only imagine the time and effort it takes to do that !.. best of luck at the jack, and best of luck to your products being used there too !

Congrats Mike! Hopefully - someday - Meat, Inc. will carry Oakridge to the Jack. (I wouldn't hold your breath though). :rolleyes:

Man, that's awesome! I wish you and the team all the best!!!

You know, Mike, I don't think I've ever tasted your products, but since you offer such a reasonable sample pack at your web site, I've ordered it.

All I can say at this point is that tasting better than Plowboys Yardbird Rub is going to be a challenge.

But in any case, it's awesome that your product is taking a team to the Jack!

Congratulations and I can't wait to sample your stuff! (Well, you know what I mean.)

Back