• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Loaner Cooker in Des Moines Early June

dmprantz

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I'm looking for a cooker to use in Des Moines, IA on June 5-8. I was wondering if any one here had something sizable I could borrow. This isn't for a competition, but I would like a competition cooker if that makes sense. If you are heading out for a competition on June 8, I'm sure I could work it into the schedule to to return it to you on Thursday night, June 7. Not to turn this begger into a chooser, but some kind of vertical (FEC, Stump's, BWS) would be ideal. Please let me know if any one's able to help a brethren out.

Thanks,

dmp

I have a cto you are welcome to. I don't think I have a comp that weekend. Even if I did I won't be using it. Consider it yours for the weekend if you choose!

Thank you all for the offers. The CTO might be the winner so far. Not that there's anything wrong with the others, but I'm gonna be cooking for 250 over a course of two days, and will be on the clock. Need to figure out the "throughput" of four racks that bad boy...One thing's for sure, whoever helps me out with this gets some Kräftig and a cigar!

dmp

It's a work thing. They want some one to cook pork, and they asked if I'd be interested. They do this every year, and in the past had it catered, but now I'll be the caterer. Gives me an excuse to travel for the event. It'll be fun because the day after I finish I fly home and get ready to leave for our local Sam's Club event, but such is the life.

I was thinking, and I'm gonna be in town next month too for a few days. Any one interested in trying to to do a meet up or some such? I'll be staying in West Des Moines, and really wanna hit Smokey D's while I'm there. Lemme know!

dmp

When are you coming in? You're talking March, right? If its before the 13th I'll be here, too. Maybe we can get together, send me a PM.@@

It's a work thing. They want some one to cook pork, and they asked if I'd be interested. They do this every year, and in the past had it catered, but now I'll be the caterer. Gives me an excuse to travel for the event. It'll be fun because the day after I finish I fly home and get ready to leave for our local Sam's Club event, but such is the life.

I was thinking, and I'm gonna be in town next month too for a few days. Any one interested in trying to to do a meet up or some such? I'll be staying in West Des Moines, and really wanna hit Smokey D's while I'm there. Lemme know!

dmp
I'd be happy to head out to Darren and Shad's for a meal when you are in town.

Back