Discussion Thread: BBQ Brethren "Let's Do It Aussie Style" Throwdown! (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new category is called...

[SIZE=+2]"Let's Do it Aussie Style!"

[SIZE=+2][SIZE=+2]
Australia-Day-009_zpsef3785b7.jpg
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Looks like good eats to me!
[SIZE=+2][SIZE=+2][SIZE=+2]
As chosen by
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]AussieTitch, for his landslide victory in the "Nuts" Throwdown!

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING!

AussieTitch said:
An American was hoping to immigrate to Australia.
Upon arriving in Australia, he was questioned by a customs officer, “What is your business in Australia?”

“I wish to immigrate,” was the Americans reply .

The customs officer then asked, “Do you have a conviction record?”

Confused, the American replied, “I didn’t think you still needed one.”

I suggest the next Throwdown be "Australian ".
Only rule would be,present something that says Australia to you.
we do have great sense of humour and usually expect to made fun of.
Your turn to Google us.
Ten Australian foods to help you on your way.

1. Barbeque, usually a line of Barbies,burnt offerings of Sausage and chops or steak, turned constantly .while drinking copious amounts of beer.
2.The Australian Meat Pie, full of stuff you would not normally eat but goes great with Beer and Football.
3.Vegemite,on Toast,with Lettuce ,or what gets between your toes when wearing thongs
4.Lammington, usually associate with the local church fundraiser,washed down with a cup of Tea for the Shiela's or a Beer for the blokes
5.BBQ Chicken,crisp Dry and washed down with Beer

6.Spaghetti Bolognese, The sauce came in a Can and was ok, as it was never touched by any Italian Hands

7.Roast Lamb,Sunday roast that perfumed the country, Ladies served it up after Church with ample Bottles of Beer for the Blokes

8.Pavlova.Really Australian but the Kiwi's keep trying to lay claim to it
9.Violet Crumble, Something to suck on after a Sunday drinking beer.

10. Fish and Chips, Friday night delight washed down with ample beer.

Hmmmm...Sounds like we get to drink a LOT of beer, which is always a good thing! :becky:

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules will be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation in this thread.

Re: Discussion Thread: IN PROGRESS-> BBQ Brethren "Let's Do It Aussie Style" Throwdown! (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

I loves me some Australia but vegemite should only be used as a punishment.....or a penal colony :mrgreen:

And, yes, I've tried it :puke:

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

...vegemite should only be used as a punishment.....or a penal colony :mrgreen:

OK, I think as a moderator I am going to have to draw the line at the talk about yeasty penal colonies.:cop:

Keep it...well...not clean...but...well...you know...not all super nasty and stuff!:nope:

So, throw some shrimp on the barbie, deep fry an onion until greasy, cook a tough steak badly, and drink a lot of Foster's. Got it. :thumb:

Looks like an easy throwdown, next week.

CD :becky:

Is it okay to use an Outback menu for guidance...:noidea:
Why not? We figured out where the Aussie brethren were located using the Outback Steakhouse map that Silverfinger posted. And the place specializes in food, not maps. So just imagine how accurate the food must be.

Thanks for that educational video. Between my experiences at Outback Steakhouse, Foster's beer commercials, the Crocodile Dundee movies, and this video, I now know EVERYTHING I need to know about authentic Australian cuisine. :thumb:

Good thing I don't take buccs seriously, or I'd be making a Thai curry entry. :tsk:

I need to add chips and gravy to my shrimps, greasy deep fried onion, tough steak and Foster's menu. I was looking for a proper starch, and you found it for me. Does that make this a team entry?

CD

dammit i hate these two farking farking friggin farking damn threads!!!!!!

anyhoo, i'll post in the other thread tomorrow....better off for everyone anyway. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I loves me some Australia but vegemite should only be used as a punishment.....or a penal colony :mrgreen:

And, yes, I've tried it :puke:

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yummo.
kicks Ass.
Here is some light reading.
using the Q in leg irons may be the shot if you get stuck.

http://www.hht.net.au/discover/highlights/kids_fact_sheets/a_day_in_the_life_of_a_convict

Food

In the first few years of the colony there was not a lot of food available. Crops did not grow and the colony relied heavily on supplies coming from England.

Government employed convicts were given a set ration of 3kg beef, 3kg flour, 1.3kg maize meal and 0.9 kg of sugar per week. They were also given tea. Fresh vegetables were uncommon. Women convicts were given less rations, as their work was often not as physical.

Convicts who worked for free settlers were expected to be fed by their master.

Punishment & rewards

A convict could be flogged with the cat-o-nine tails for crimes like swearing, a poor attitude, being drunk as well as stealing small items. Convicts who ran way from their work were often sentenced to work in leg irons for at least 6 months and up to 3 years. These leg irons could only be put on or taken off by a blacksmith. If the crime was really serious, they might be sent to harsh penal colonies in Port Macquarie, Newcastle or Norfolk Island.

No mention of Burgers.

Back