NEW IN NORTH CAROLINA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zzdjzz

Hello all. My name is Dave Zook and I am 46. I live in Lexington, NC originally from Ohio. I found this web site, well the yahoo one, when I was researching for what kind of smoker to buy. I settled on the Bandera. My wife thought I was crazy when I started to add the baffle, door gasket, wheel, new door thermometer, and charcoal basket mods. First attempt was a turkey and the result was a dried out piece of leather. That will teach me for trusting an old meat thermometer. Second attempt was with a nu temp thermometer and TK's marinade on a brisket and wow; I have never tasted a piece of beef like that. It was great. Anyway thanks for all the helpful moods and hints.
Dave Zook

hey dave.. Welcome out of lurk mode!!!. Refreshing isnt it?? :)

Turkey for the first try?? very daring.. its one of the less forgiving things to try. Pork butts and chickens are better for first go arounds.. but dont matter.. your beyond turkey shock now and its all downhill!

Welcome!!!

Welcome aboard Dave. My first 3 smoking episodes were on a Brinkman Smoke n Pit - Smoke King. All 3 times I used either a pork butt or pork picnic. What a total disaster. I thought it was me and almost gave up. Did a couple minor mods, told myself I have to remeber that Q is done when it's done, and gave it one more time with a brisket. Then another, then another..., then tried pork again, then knew it was time for the upgrade to the Bandera.

tk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back