New England Chili Cookoff - Moinkballs

Skidder

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I for some ungodly reason entered the New England Regional Chili Cook Off with my chili. Didn't place anywhere near the top but to try and (buy) votes for the peoples choice award I figured I would hand out moinkballs. You couldn't imagine how many people loved them! I even swayed a dozen people to vote for my chili with them. Man I tell ya next time I enter a contest I'm going to vend just moinks. They were a huge hit with many asking how they were made. I went through hundreds. Almost missed my competition turn in.

Last edited:
Moinkballs?

Can you enlighten those of us that don't know what moinkballs are? It sounds like we should.

thanks

I too am curious what moinkballs are, I do know what MOINK balls are though.

Full Fledged Farker and dont know what Moinks are! :shock: Uhm some sort of card needs to be confiscated until this can be resolved....

Full Fledged Farker and dont know what Moinks are! :shock: Uhm some sort of card needs to be confiscated until this can be resolved....
Or possibly a card from those with more expertise than I that keep spelling MOINK incorrectly:icon_shy:grin:

New England Regional Chili Cookoff
Another New England Regional Cookoff is on the books. The Chili Gods were smiling down on us. After a very cold and rainy cookoff last year, the day started out the same, but the sun came out, warmed things up and we were off! Mike and Kathy Freedman did a great job getting sponsors and cooks. We had 71 cooks, including some Youth cooks. The field was filled with tents, the smell of chili was in the air and all around was the sight of spectators milling about tasting all the great food, including the hot wings. Miss Connecticut helped judge the Salsa, there was a hot wing eating contest and lots of different bands. The judging tent was alive with activity from 8 am on. With 2 tables in Salsa and Verde and 3 tables in Red, we required, and got, quite a bit of help. By the end of the very long day, there were some cooks disappointed, some thrilled they had such a good time and some were ecstatic they had won. Mike Freedman had lost his voice (good or bad, we are not saying), Kathy was sunburned, and Audrey and Steve looked forward to a nice dinner and a soft bed. All in all, a great cookoff.
People's Choice and Best Booth winners:
Reading Hot Chili Peppers - the Reading Firefighters
Youth Division:
3rd – Kaitlin Hennessy
2nd – Rachel Sievering
1st – Bryan Navaroli
Salsa:
5th – Morgan Wotherspoon
4th – Lou Santangelo
3rd – Mary Alice Kropp
2nd – Chuck Leonardo
1st – Mike Largay
Chili Verde:
5th – Wendy Hennessy, NH
4th – Darrell Dunnum, CT
3rd – Beanie Eis, NY
2nd – Scott Navaroli, MA Won tie for second
1st – Jim Heywood, NY Jim completed his Hat Trick!
Red Chili:
5th – Sara Perez
4th – Steven Stark (a rookie)
3rd – Scott Navaroli
2nd – Dave Schulman
1st – Vickie Tankis

Back