Duke City Shenanigans - Lex NC Pork, Ribs, & Week's Digest (plenty of Pr0n!)

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
It's been a good, busy week in the kitchen.

Wednesday, CINCHOUSE asked for Larb Moo: (Recipe Link from previous post)

kfzQCgVl.jpg

Thursday, I needed Mexican, so I stopped by El Super on the way home. Found some discada and carne asada preparada. Added some Guatemalan frijoles negros to the mix.

Discada:

BgP8fkvl.jpg

Carne Asada:

FdE7F6dl.jpg

Frijoles Negros:

nUKoH6Dl.jpg

iKv2Y5ll.jpg

Friday Night, I grabbed some marinated chicken kebabs, added some tatziki, olives, local feta cheese, dolmas, and baked some prefab spanakopita for a killer Greek/Mediterranean dinner.

Only have shot of chicken on the grill:

bxc7ExWl.jpg

Last night, neighbor stopped by asking if I'd turn her pork shoulder roast into Lexington, NC-style barbecue. Of course! They've been ridiculously kind and helpful as we moved into the neighborhood, and are adored by my daughter.

This morning started right - sunrise and hot air balloons over ABQ.

5Me2Bh7l.jpg

jvmcCmfl.jpg

pPVwMyXl.jpg

ocdid9zl.jpg

Q0TNfZ1l.jpg

Shoulder is resting in a warm oven. I'll chop and dress with some rub, ACV, and hot sauce in 2-3 hours so that it's hot and ready when the neighbors get home and want to eat dinner.

Meanwhile, I decided to try a 3-pack of St Louis Ribs from Costco. 2 racks are wrapped up and back in the freezer for future cooks.

Hit this one with an unknown Green Chile Rub and a Peach Rub that comes highly recommended by IAmMadMan. Apple Sauce on standby for the wrap.

GalRoUtl.jpg

ehMSGkjl.jpg

We'll see what else happens. Potentially, some ABTs and a green chile rubbed fatty.

When you retire Full time, your going to get fat.
That all looks delicious, specially Chop Chop

CINCHOUSE asked me to put her mac & cheese on the kettle to cook. Sure!

350F over El Diablo charcoal with hickory!

nW0xsX9l.jpg

Dinner is served!

DZt4e8cl.jpg

Munchkin came back for seconds on the mac & cheese, as well as the broccoli salad w/ bacon. Can't blame her.

Interested to hear your thoughts on the rubs

Thanks for your patience, Clay.

- Green Chile Rub - Really nice stuff. Great citrus/chile hit up front with a slow heat build as we ate. Really nice flavor of green chile and spices.

- Peach Rub - Great general sweetness after cooking, but the "peach-i-ness" was gone. This stuff was excellent on the ABTs and a bit more peachy flavor was there, especially on the bacon.

IIRC, Bob also sent along a Peach BBQ Sauce that we've not opened yet. We discuss it some weekends, and it'll probably happen soon on some full-on PEACH RIBS with both rub and sauce.

I'm having trouble sourcing PC Willy's Green Chile Rub from Santa Fe Rubs/Seasonings... and perhaps this new-fangled package from Whole Paycheck might fill the void. I intended to roll a Green Chile Fatty (with a JD Hot chub), but time just got away from me. CINCHOUSE reminded me as well that last time I tried the Peach on a JD Hot Chub, it also went over like gang-busters.

More blather than you bargained for. Hope it's helpful.

Y'all have a great Saturday evening.

Marc amazing cooks I would be happy to help you eat all of that
When I lived in Harleysville PA our house was in a hot air ballon flight path Was fun to watch

When I lived in Harleysville PA our house was in a hot air ballon flight path Was fun to watch

This morning, I took a quick drive to get special breakfast - Donuts from Rebel Donuts. Caught the hot air balloon armada warming up for their morning flight. Found the last one just filling up with air before launch.

NBtPh5cl.jpg

tEXX43Il.jpg

3EFQifwl.jpg

oypK7Ekl.jpg

Thanks for your patience, Clay.

- Green Chile Rub - Really nice stuff. Great citrus/chile hit up front with a slow heat build as we ate. Really nice flavor of green chile and spices.

- Peach Rub - Great general sweetness after cooking, but the "peach-i-ness" was gone. This stuff was excellent on the ABTs and a bit more peachy flavor was there, especially on the bacon.

IIRC, Bob also sent along a Peach BBQ Sauce that we've not opened yet. We discuss it some weekends, and it'll probably happen soon on some full-on PEACH RIBS with both rub and sauce.

I'm having trouble sourcing PC Willy's Green Chile Rub from Santa Fe Rubs/Seasonings... and perhaps this new-fangled package from Whole Paycheck might fill the void. I intended to roll a Green Chile Fatty (with a JD Hot chub), but time just got away from me. CINCHOUSE reminded me as well that last time I tried the Peach on a JD Hot Chub, it also went over like gang-busters.

More blather than you bargained for. Hope it's helpful.

Y'all have a great Saturday evening.

I had issues finding the PCW chile Rub and mixed green chile Powder with Bolners Fiesta Fajita. Pretty good. Guessing 20-25% GCP

Just looked: limited but available via Amazon

Back