Vending for 1500

T

tbone310

We're deciding on whether or not we should take a job. It's a Latin concert that will sell 1500 tickets and we will be the only vendor. The plan it to stick to what we know and that's tri tip sandwiches and tacos. The real issue is how do we forecast the number of people that will eat or how much food to prep. From what I can see in the forums, we can expect anywhere 10% -30% will eat. The event is at night 7pm to midnight and beer will be served.

Anyone have any guidelines I can follow?

Thanks,

t

When will people be allowed in the venue? Will people be reasonable expected to have eaten dinner prior to the event? With the Santa Maria grill you have great 'eye candy' and having tri-tips on there will turn on the taste buds. Tri-tips cook quickly so you can plan for 100 early eaters and if they go fast just keep adding tri-tips as you see how many you sell. If you don't sell out early you can use the tri-tip chopped for the tacos.

Thanks, that sounds about right. I think the venue will open at 6:00pm. Besides the food, theres the staffing issue. 100 sandwiches = 2-3 people....300+ sandwiches = 3-5 people.

Back