Practice Chook

buccaneer

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Cooked a little chook as a practice run for the upcoming TD, Aussie BBQ.
Hit it with just a little smoke and grilled it hotnfast, the Aussie speciality.
Opened the fridge this morning and noticed the whole chicken was gone except for one piece!
Called the lady TFO and she said
"Oh, I have a meeting with the bosses this morning at 11 so I took the chicken because I want to ask for a week off and so I will butter them up with it!"

Dang, I had all these indignant responses ready but all I could say was
"Oh yeah, that is a good idea"
I got one piece!:Cry:
Digging out another chook from the freezer today!:mmph:
JerkRub_zps35ff4ee0.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great Buc, but I have to ask, what is the origin of Chook?

Dave

Looks great Buc, but I have to ask, what is the origin of Chook?

Dave
Way too funny!
An Aussie slang word for chicken that's commonly used as a 'nice insult,' especially when somebody has done or said something really obviously retarded Thanks Wiki!

Way too funny!
An Aussie slang word for chicken that's commonly used as a 'nice insult,' especially when somebody has done or said something really obviously retarded Thanks Wiki!
Hmmm, never trust Wiki, but this time it's close enough!
Chook= Aussie for chicken, plain and simple.
"What's for dinner Mum, not frikken chook again is it?"

WHACK.

Also, "You silly chook" when someone has done something stupid.(gentle insult)

Silly old chook= not so gentle and referring to an middle aged to elderly woman.
:biggrin1: :thumb:

Bucc_slowly Aussiefying 'Mericuns

When we lived in Australia, Dad always swore this was an actual Aussie saying he heard on the job. This thread reminds me of it. "Me wife wouldn't cut me crib, so I brung a whole chook". Meaning, my wife wouldn't fix my lunch so I brought a whole chicken.

Truth or fiction?

When we lived in Australia, Dad always swore this was an actual Aussie saying he heard on the job. This thread reminds me of it. "Me wife wouldn't cut me crib, so I brung a whole chook". Meaning, my wife wouldn't fix my lunch so I brought a whole chicken.

Truth or fiction?
Truth.
Also said as
"The ball_and_chain wouldn't cut me crib so I brung the whole chook":biggrin1:

Most impressive looking indeed, Bucc! By chance, did you flavor brine that prior to grilling?

No way.
That was really good free range chook, they were on special so we snaffled a few.
I wanted the chicken taste, really great these chooks!

Back