MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > For the Board

Notices

For the Board *On Topic Only* Strictly moderated. NO BAD KARMA! This forum is for questions and discussions you would like reviewed by members of the KCBS(or other BBQ orgs) Board of Directors. A clean and direct place where they do not have to wade thru day to day chatter.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:13 AM   #31
Merl
Full Fledged Farker

Jorge,
we use and independent web provider, Garry Howard, so I guess, (but don't know) that it would be KCBS. MMA manages it.
You might ask Carolyn.
Merl
Merl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2010, 05:45 PM   #32
Rich Parker
Babbling Farker

Thanks Merl! I just downloaded the file and will listen to it tomorrow at work.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:56 AM   #33
Gowan
is Blowin Smoke!

Interesting recording.

I believe the motion to institute an official KCBS forum was rejected because the proposal was not fully fleshed out. An initiative of this magnitude (make no mistake - it would dramatically alter the culture of KCBS for many members) must be completely documented with the needs of all the stakeholders considered and dealt with in black and white.

The comment by the board member above was legitimate. It isn't realistic to think that a motion proposing that "I've got some people lined up to handle moderation" would pass. I believe that a formal proposal including multiple software bids, a defined committee structure to handle moderation and methodology to present community concerns voiced on the forum to BoD members would have a serious chance to succeed.

Perhaps the place to begin would be to define the goals for a forum committee and move to create such a committee to prepare a detailed proposal for the Board to vote on at a later date. A more open and inclusive process for choosing a solution, defining policy and managing the flow of official information via a forum might succeed where the "I've got the answer" approach failed to garner enough support to pass.
Gowan is offline   Reply With Quote