• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

thermapen

Grumpy's Q

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
My trusty Taylor instant read thermometer busted on me. Sad day. :cry: I think I'm going to change to a thermapen. Are there any deals to be had on a thermapen? Going rate on a new one is $ 99.00. Any information is much appreciated!

Mike

If you order direct, you can get the original version for $74.00 (and worth every penny).

It goes without saying that Black is the fastest and most accurate.

Mike - call and ask if they have any refurbs. If not, I might give you a bargain on a trusty grey one because I have been looking for a good reason to buy the new water-resistant one. I have two right now - don't let your wife clean your thermopen without explicit directions not to submerse in fluid - we thought it was ruined so I ordered another one because I had a contest that weekend. Once it dried it was fine and has been working ever since.

I think Daydots carries them. But I think my last coupon expired

Mike - call and ask if they have any refurbs. If not, I might give you a bargain on a trusty grey one because I have been looking for a good reason to buy the new water-resistant one. I have two right now - don't let your wife clean your thermopen without explicit directions not to submerse in fluid - we thought it was ruined so I ordered another one because I had a contest that weekend. Once it dried it was fine and has been working ever since.

I may have take you up on that! Thanks! :biggrin:

Ditto! Still haven't opened the new one.:mrgreen:

If you don't get the right COLOR you will be BLUE with envy, if you get my drift.

And on this site there are so many misled individuals that don't see the LIGHT

The color of your thermapen is really important when you slather your briskets with mustard prior to cooking them fatside down on your galvanized metal shopping cart after you cleaned all the bees out of it.

Back