Prime Ribeye Cap

That looks great, I was eyeing those a week or so back but didn't pull the trigger but I'm gonna soon

Nice! I love Costco prime ribeye cap. However,I have never cooked it whole tied up like a thick steak. I always end up cutting the knot and fast grilling it as thinner pieces hibachi style.

Nicely done, one of my favorites also!

Nice! I love Costco prime ribeye cap. However,I have never cooked it whole tied up like a thick steak. I always end up cutting the knot and fast grilling it as thinner pieces hibachi style.

I’ll have to try that too. Thanks for the great idea!

Wow! Those look fantastic...
I’ve bought them a few times and very tasty but...my only complaint is that the ones at my local Costco have a lot of gristle. It’s like they aren’t trimmed well before rolling them up.
On another note, I found a totally awesome boneless prime rib-eye steak with a huge cap portion for only $15.99 at the local Sprouts. This was one of the best I’ve ever grilled. Salt and pepper only, super hot and fast over lump Royal Oak on the kettle...

Wow! Those look fantastic...
I’ve bought them a few times and very tasty but...my only complaint is that the ones at my local Costco have a lot of gristle. It’s like they aren’t trimmed well before rolling them up.
On another note, I found a totally awesome boneless prime rib-eye steak with a huge cap portion for only $15.99 at the local Sprouts. This was one of the best I’ve ever grilled. Salt and pepper only, super hot and fast over lump Royal Oak on the kettle...

I have the same complaint with the gristle. I've read other people complaining about it as well so I don't think it's your local Costco store problem. But the price is right so it's hard to complain about getting prime ribeye cap for under $20 /lb.

There’s definitely a lot more fat and gristle on the ribeye caps compared to the whole ribeye. I just take it as the cost for a whole “steak” of the good stuff. Here’s the last of it from a breakfast cook this week. Diced it up with some broccoli. Into an omelette with Havarti cheese.

Last edited:
Back