• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Corn On The Cob In a Can *pron*

southernsmoker

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Yep ya read it right, Corn On the Can, or more correctly corn in a can..
After viewing the great photo's here of fresh veg & fruit, I thought I would share what we get up here this time of year.:doh:

P1010006.jpg

P1010001-1.jpg

Last edited:
Just dump out the water, fill it with parkay and a little rub, let the magic happen. If it works for chicken, it will work for ANYTHING!

I saw the Corn on the Can and Pron and expected some reciped for a UDS corn cook...

I could cry.

Yep ya read it right, Corn On the Can, or more correctly corn in a can..
After viewing the great photo's here of fresh veg & fruit, I thought I would share what we get up here this time of year.:doh:

P1010006-1.jpg
Toss it in the trash and buy real corn on the cob with the husk still attached :>)

I bet that is better than the crap in the freezer section!?!? I have never seen corn on the cobb in the can. That is a mouthful.

May I ask how come Southern Smoker?

And don't mind me I've always got a remark or 2 hidden some where no harm meant ok?

Fresh corn isn't available up here this time of the year...occasionally you may see it around for $2.00 an ear, even in the summer it's a buck an ear! I assume it's just to expensive to bring in..tks for asking..:thumb:

Ok We have the Picture so Inquiring minds want to know Was it any good? It actually looks like it has good color etc...

Just dump out the water, fill it with parkay and a little rub, let the magic happen. If it works for chicken, it will work for ANYTHING!

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked: I'm IN! CotC, boiled in butter... canned or otherwise... worth trying... right??

Fresh corn isn't available up here this time of the year...occasionally you may see it around for $2.00 an ear, even in the summer it's a buck an ear! I assume it's just to expensive to bring in..tks for asking..:thumb:

Holy fark! It even says "Canada Chioce" On the label! They grow the corn in Canada, but it still costs $1 an ear??? Daayyum! It's usually 4/$1 rounds here and even gets down to 10/$1 on ocassion!

It looks good to me.
I assume it tastes the same as canned whole kernel corn except on the cob.
Great looking plate right there.

I was going to grill some but it was windy, snowy and cold as a mil's kiss..but we did have some for supper. Not a bad substitute...Put enough butter on it and anything will taste good!

P1010001.jpg

Ok i see; either a narrow t-bone, or long ny strip with button mushrooms, lobster claws, onions, brocolli, baked potato, corn.

What are the other two, slice of sweet potato or butternut squash, and the purple thing?

Hey Folks,

Its a Cast Iron Fried Striploin with Mushrooms, Onions, Shallots, Sweet Potato, Corn and Brocolli featuring a Baked Potato and local Snow Crab.

I entered it in the throwdown for fun..

Back