Weber One Touch Silver or UDS

D

Drumbum77

I have an extra $100.00 bucks that I can play with and have been thinking about the Weber One Touch Silver. I've already built one UDS for about $100.00 and can't decide if I want to build another one.

Can ya'll give some me pros and cons on the one touch. How are they for long cooks, controlling temps, etc....

Thanks! :-D

If you have a decent Craigslist in your area you can find a weber kettle for way less than $100 and likely in great shape. It's worth checking out. I have even seen free ones popping up lately as people are cleaning out for fall. You could probably do both a OTS and another UDS for $100.

The One Touch Silver is a grill that can be used as a smoker with some adaptation and the UDS is a smoker that can possibly be used as a grill. To me they are two different animals. If you have a UDS, but don't have a grill then get a Weber Kettle. Jmellor is right. Look at CL. You can probably find a Silver for much less than new or a Gold for around the same price.

You already have a uds get the weber. They are fabulous at temp control. I smoke in mine all the time, especially good for smaller amounts of meat that you dont need the big uds for. I just put a couple bricks in and bank coals on one side, throw a few lit on top of them, meat on other side and your set. Plus the uds isnt a very good option for say burgers or grilling steaks, which is where the one touch shines.

Is it the 18" or the 22"? If it's the 22" go head and get the silver, you can still probably build UDS no problem in the very near future. While the Silver does not have the fancy ash catching system, it is quite workable. My primary 22" is a Silver and I love it to death.

If it's an 18" though...I wouldn't bother. Build the UDS and look out on Craigslist for a deal on a 22" Kettle.

Somehow when I first perused your post I missed the fact that you already have a UDS. In that case, you must get yourself a 22" Kettle for grilling. Just stop thinking about it and do it already. You'll thank yourself later.

Check all the local Targets out. They are getting rid of their BBQ stuff and have clearance sales. I picked up a 22.5 copperhead kettle for $70. Some may even have them cheaper now. And if you don't want a pristine one, the demo floor models would probably be even cheaper than their advertised clearance price.

Back