MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 04-03-2019, 09:48 PM   #1
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

Default 3 days in Pittsburgh, PA

Going to a conference in Pittsburgh, PA next week. I'll be downtown. Is there anything I should try?

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2019, 02:34 AM   #2
sliding_billy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : )

Primanti Bros. of course! The location in Market Square is downtown (I like this location since it is more like a diner than others besides the original, and I used to work in the city), and the original in the Strip District is right next to downtown.

https://primantibros.com/locations/market-square
Old 04-04-2019, 07:33 AM   #3
AussieMatt
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Matt

If you're into Thai food, Nicki's Thai Kitchen is our favourite. There's one downtown, one on the north side and one in north hills.

Weber Original 22" - RIP
UDS
Fiskgriddle
Weber Kettle Premium - Copper
AussieMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 04-04-2019, 07:33 AM   #4
Beer/Meat/Victory
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyle's BBQ View Post
Going to a conference in Pittsburgh, PA next week. I'll be downtown. Is there anything I should try?
Guacho Argentina in the Strip - likely would be a wait
Bae Bae's kitchen - Downtown, Korean (my go to lunch when I eat out - I work at the Pittsburgh convention center and Bae Baes is a short walk)
Nicky's Thai
Meat and Potatoes

Primanti's is just ok. Better late night meal after one too many, than as a destination. Plenty of good breweries close by as well if you are into craft beer.
Beer/Meat/Victory is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 04-06-2019, 08:55 PM   #5
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer/Meat/Victory View Post
Guacho Argentina in the Strip - likely would be a wait
Bae Bae's kitchen - Downtown, Korean (my go to lunch when I eat out - I work at the Pittsburgh convention center and Bae Baes is a short walk)
Nicky's Thai
Meat and Potatoes

Primanti's is just ok. Better late night meal after one too many, than as a destination. Plenty of good breweries close by as well if you are into craft beer.

It looks like the conference I am attending is at the convention center. I am staying at the Omni. I'm not sure what my schedule will be like, but if you have time look me up, just to say hello.

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 10:07 PM   #6
Speeed
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Speed

I'll throw a second in for Primanti Bros. (The original location)
Honestly, Its nothing earth shattering just a good ole fashioned Pittsburgh staple.
Definitely worth the experience.
Old 04-07-2019, 05:19 PM   #7
frognot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Charles

Sent a PM to Gordon (Evil-g) who lives in Pittsburgh but his mailbox is full.

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

" . . . which includes frognot, who is a SoCal Pharker by now" gtr
frognot is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 04-08-2019, 12:04 PM   #8
mstewart39
Full Fledged Farker

I was just there for a long weekend. I second "Meat and Potatoes". They have an amazing Pub Burger. Primanti's is what you're supposed to do. Do not get the Pitts-Burger. They claim it's their #2 seller. (And they "don't have" a #1 seller.) It's bland and really not that great. There are far better options.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:55 AM   #9
Beer/Meat/Victory
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyle's BBQ View Post
It looks like the conference I am attending is at the convention center. I am staying at the Omni. I'm not sure what my schedule will be like, but if you have time look me up, just to say hello.
I'm definitely in and out this week, so it might be hard to catch me unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstewart39 View Post
I was just there for a long weekend. I second "Meat and Potatoes". They have an amazing Pub Burger. Primanti's is what you're supposed to do. Do not get the Pitts-Burger. They claim it's their #2 seller. (And they "don't have" a #1 seller.) It's bland and really not that great. There are far better options.
The number 1 best seller is Iron City beer....or thats what the employees are supposed to say when asked. Also, yeah most of their sandwiches are bland. I douse mine in hot sauce every time.
Beer/Meat/Victory is offline   Reply With Quote