Habanero Death Dust - not just a rub - easy glaze recipe/no pics

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Habanero Death Dust by Oakridge BBQ is a fabulous rub to be sure. Most excellent on chicken and pork especially.

But, it's also a complex flavor that can be used in other recipes.

A year ago I modified my mustard/brown sugar ham glaze:

2 cups packed dark brown sugar
3 TBS (Heaping) HDD
2 TBS honey
4 tsp mustard powder
as needed - pineapple juice (I used the juice from cans of sliced pineapple)

Mix dry ingredients and on a medium burner, add honey and a little pineapple juice to blend - adding juice as needed for your desired consistancy until the sugar is melted.

I'm pretty stuck on this for my ham cooks now.:-D

This can be tarted up a bit by adding 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar prior to the juice.

On the ham, (Cured, smoked and fully cooked for a twice smoked ham) after smoking to an IT of about 130 the cloves were removed, the entire surface glazed, pineapple slices added and a final glaze. Back on the cooker til heated (I pulled at IT ~ 160).

Leftover glaze can be used as a dip for the ham when eating.

Also, this is quite good as a dip for fresh fruit, sliced tart apples especially.

Happy Holidays y'all!

I'm also going to try this glaze - thinned out just a wee bit to marinate too - on some salmon. Maybe add a touch of grated ginger, and smoked in the kettle.

Guerry, you forgot to tell people to thoroughly wash their hands while handling the glaze. :shock:

You've got nutz man!!!! I've been growing, or just goofing around with some of the worlds hottest peppers for years now and I'll just say welcome to the dark side. :wacko: Sounds like a good blend. Thanks for sharing.

Did u get a chance to try this on ribs yet?

Not yet. Ran out of farking Coleman's and the store didn't have any.:evil:

I did find a pic of the ham though...:becky:

ham1.jpg

Back