Chicken thighs / pron

D

Derek

Hey gang.

Here's a few pictures from tonight's practice.

I have a couple of thighs in few different rubs and sauces, We'll do a blind taste test and see what Works and don't work for the contest!

Me and my team mate/bro watching the chimney fire.
840624456_gUBWS-L.jpg

Our brand of char coal - Stubbs
840624489_p9w7A-L.jpg

Secrete beer marinade
840624412_8tmyD-L.jpg

Secrete Cranberry reduction marinade.
840624327_qrqEW-L.jpg

Different sauces & rubs marrinade
840624388_jy2yM-L.jpg

On the grill ( the one we're bringing for our campsite )
840624571_HVF5H-L.jpg

Wow looks very tasty ! Do a follow up with what you choose, just by looks the cranberry one looks great !

Wow looks very tasty ! Do a follow up with what you choose, just by looks the cranberry one looks great !
Thanks and yes we will doa follow up but some of the follow up will be kind of blotchy, until end of next Saturday!

Thanks guys I'll need the luck. We have a vet going and I really don't want to wear a tootoo during Saturday.

The done chicken.
840714285_sjidY-L.jpg

The Sampler 1 in pan. ( teammate / bro slicing and dicing! )
840714420_v63tM-L.jpg

The chicken sampler
840714435_vZUj4-L.jpg

My Bud, sampler plate with salad.
840714472_2bygR-L.jpg

We've decided that the bbq sauce won out for the competition.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking the sdame way, but a lil diff'rent concerning the BBQ Sauce ones and the Cajun Rubbed ones!! I was leaning towards the Rubbed ones..The dry rub to me beats any Sauce

What are the rules you will need to follow at that competition? Marinading, grill and or smoker use, etc? The can and can't do's? I'm curious.

Bob

The second row from left..............you may not want to go with those. Just saying. Did you try to crisp up the skin on those? Would have given them color and texture. I assume those were the beer marinade one? Or were those the control items in the experiment?

Last edited:
I love the color on the third ones from the left in the first pic in post 5.

What are the rules you will need to follow at that competition? Marinading, grill and or smoker use, etc? The can and can't do's? I'm curious.

Bob

The second row from left..............you may not want to go with those. Just saying. Did you try to crisp up the skin on those? Would have given them color and texture. I assume those were the beer marinade one? Or were those the control items in the experiment?
Actually the rules are going to be KCBS rules so no Pre marination and th Beer marinade ones didn't have the proper time to get marinated, The beers ones were a control and a test.

I love the color on the third ones from the left in the first pic in post 5.
We did too, And those were the cajun Rubbed ones.

Derek, they all look great!
Thank you CowGirl, We really enjoyed them all, however the cranberry ones didn't taste all that great. And they were too sweet...

Back