• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Gettin' Dirty Girl Dirty

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
First cook on the OTS were cowboy steaks - 2 35 OZers. EVOO, salt, pepper and garlic powder overnight in the fridge, then dusted with montreal steak seasoning. Cooked indirect to about 120 internal then seared for a couple minutes each sife and back to indirect. Got distracted and let the internal temp get to 132 b4 pulling and then foiled and rested, so they were a little overcooked. But they didn't suck! The grill ran at about 350 on the grate using a full chimney of Stubb's briquettes with hickory chunks. Served with a baked potato loaded with butter, cheese, plain yogurt and asparagus. Had some smoked and grilled japs along just for fun. No pics of the OTS in action, will make up for that! LOVE THIS GRILL!!!!! Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• steak1.jpg
    steak1.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 444
  • steak2.jpg
    steak2.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 438
  • steak6.jpg
    steak6.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 1,089
  • steak7.jpg
    steak7.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 462
Best looking grub you have cooked so far Guerry.
Thank you Bob. I studied quite a few of your threads before ever firing up the OTS. Don't know why I bought the coal trays except that they came in handy as a block when putting the coals in the grill which wound up using less than a third of total area. Used a disposable roasting pan to catch the juices and let the peppers rest in those after they were grilled which added an extra dimension to them.

Looks great! :becky:
Hope you got a great desert for providing such a mouth watering meal... or was the the distraction :rolleyes:

Back