long island comp on 10/22 ?

Take the ferry to New London and cook there on the 13th/14th.

Take the ferry to New London and cook there on the 13th/14th.

Silly rabbit that would mean they would have to cross a body of water . Long island teams don't do that :rolleyes:

Silly rabbit that would mean they would have to cross a body of water . Long island teams don't do that :rolleyes:

They are all awaiting the bridge to CT to be completed.

A few years ago, I met a guy (in his 40's) that said it's been 20 yrs since he was off Long Island... I was shocked....

I live pretty far east, and I know dozens of people who haven't been past Nassau County in a dozen years...and off the island?? Far longer, still.

I wish I could pull it together for next weekend, though. Looks like it isn't going to happen. We might stop by to check it out, though.

And...Vinny...I love the Egg.

Chuck

Not too loud, Mike. If you haven't noticed, CT has been quietly building an arsenal of nuclear submarines...I think they're planning to gain some oceanfront property. Better start sleeping with one eye open.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBQ
As per Phil:

There may be a contest on Oct 22. I will post info as it comes up.

Plans for next year.

L.I. Williepolozza mid April

L.I. Contest XYZ in discussion :becky: booked for weekend before memorial Day weekend

L.I. Contest ABC In Discussion, End of June

Leaving July for Troy

L.I. Manorville First week in August

Ribfest last week in August

L.I. Hicksville in Sept

L.I. Closeout in Oct (this one we are working on for Oct 22).

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) on loan to Big Dog, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 4 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping, unplugged FEC100, and a Duck.

News Flash:
1-Bob S - "We don't need no steekin Sacco"
2-Never trust Ques your Daddy to carry your briskets

[FONT=&quot]You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy[/FONT]

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

10/22 comp has been torpedo'd by CT which has been quietly building an arsenal of nuclear submarines

Well that answers my question. Would of liked to have gone to one more this year before I try competing next year.

i client of mine said he saw something on news 12 about there being something BBQ related at the Ronkonkoma fire department this weekend. maybe that's it.

There's a chili cookoff in Ronkonkoma this weekend. Would be fun, but it's a minimum of $250 to enter. Yes, really.

BTW - does anyone know if any of the actual dates for next year's competitions are set? I'd love to start competing (for real), and the more notice I have to get off work, the better.

-Chuck

Back