New Smoker is done................

Here is how it works.....

Interesting, can you explain it to me please.
looks good , just not sure what i,m looking at
Yes...dual reverse flow.

The FB and stack in the center are set up with dampers so that I can isolate each side and operate one side only if the extra space is not needed. The inlet and outlet of each cook chamber can be closed or partially opened. The main vertical stack is also dampered so that I can dump heat directly to atmosphere if I need to drop temp in a hurry.............

I am still playing with the controls to see how effective the dampers are. The first cook worked out pretty good, I used the left side chamber and it ran pretty consistant at just under 250 F for the whole cook. It was a short time, maybe 6 hours. I used well seasoned pecan splits sized about 4 or 5 inches square. Total wood consumption was about 3 or 4 cubic ft.

I am sure that the wood consumption will increase with both sides open..........but I will figure that out when I get to it...........LOL

Last edited:
That thing is a true BBQ beast!!! Wish I had the skills to do something like that.

Me too......LOL

That thing is a true BBQ beast!!! Wish I had the skills to do something like that.

I built my first smoker over 30 years ago.........if memory serves me I was a helluva lot better welder then........LOL...............the welding ain't pretty.....it will hold smoke.....but I wouldn't bet on it holding pressure........

Larry, that Beast is turning out to be one fine smoker. I know you have a lot of experimenting to do yet, so take us along for the ride. I Love Innovation !!!!

Back