My corned Beef Hash journey...

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
As is happening in most places, Corned Beef is on sale this week.
We picked up a bunch and all but this one are snuggled in the freezer for later use.

I used Thirdeye's patrrami rub but omitted the pepper since the Montreal Steak seasoning has enough pepper for me.

IMG_0295.jpg

This is the hunk o beef - had been soaked about 2 days.

IMG_0296.jpg

Added the rub - I doubled the recipe and used it all... keep in mind I omitted the pepper so lost a good bit of bulk.

IMG_0297.jpg

Then it went into the Egg ... no pics of that.

I then deboned this 15 pound turkey.. but that's another story for another day...

IMG_0298.jpg

My plan was to cook take at least some of the beef once it was done and dice it and put it back in the Egg to render down more (like burnt ends) but that didn't happen..

Pulled the beef @170*, rested for a while then into the fridge till this morning.

The plan for this beef is sandwiches as well as hash for this morning's breakfast - so here goes...

Potatoes and Onion..
DSC_0286-2.jpg

A few minutes later..
DSC_0288-3.jpg

DSC_0293-3.jpg

DSC_0291-3.jpg

The potatoes were a little "gummy" - I probably should have rinsed them off, or not cut them as small. Still ate good.

DSC_0295-2.jpg

DSC_0296-2.jpg

Added a couple of Eggs

DSC_0301-2.jpg

Thanks guys...
There some left over so if you hurry...

I haven't had it in years, but I'm going to soon! I'm cooking a corned beef I've had curing this week and this is very high on the list. Looks fantastic! :clap2:

Looks good. I used to have a terrible time getting crispy potatoes, always turned out gummy like you said. Now I dice and toss into a salad spinner, fill with water, change out every 5 minutes until water is clear, usually two changes. Then I spin em like a mad teacup until fully dry.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Dear lord....please provide me some of that corned beef hash goodness right now! Man, that looks like fabulous eats!

And please do tell on the turkey...sometime soon....

Awesome!

Never done pastrami, but I GOTTA do it soon. Looks to good.

Dear lord....please provide me some of that corned beef hash goodness right now! Man, that looks like fabulous eats!

And please do tell on the turkey...sometime soon....
Thanks!
Not much to tell on the turkey.
14 pounder. Deboned it yesterday and it spent the night in paddio daddio's ultimate turkey brine. Stuffed it with bread stuffing and into a 375* oven for a little over two hours.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back