Oven baked country style Ribs

bbqbull

Watching over us.
Reaction score
Been almost a whiteout since 3 pm, doing some inch p lus thick cut country style bone in ribs in the oven. Wife is on her way home from work. Just had wife on the phone and she slid off the road and into the ditch on the freeway. Walked her through self rescue, she is on the way home. Ya gotta love 4 wheel drive!
Would have rather done the meat on the BSK but not worth the grief slipping and falling on this latest round of 5-7 inches of snot with ice below the snot. It varies on what weather report you are watching at the moment..grrrrr.

Sweet taters and coleslaw for sides.

Don't bash me to hard but Michigan weather is a real pain to do real bbq in. :crazy:

Have a great weekend everyone!

You gotta play the hand dealt to ya!!!!! Cooking is cooking! IMO... I am hard core but no fun in shin deep white stuff... post some pix for us to enjoy!!!:clap2:

Love to Q when possible. When not possible, there's more than one way to skin a pig. If the end result tastes great, then it's all good!! :thumb:

Do what you gotta do. Oven baked ribs sounds delicious! Stay safe up there.

Nothing wrong with some baked country style ribs! You should come down here in AL. The weather man is calling for a high of 72*F tomorrow.

77 where I live today, and shouldn't be...in January?? Had 8 inches of snow 2 weeks ago, go figure. Bet that oven cooked pork was great!

No bash here Bro, sounds like a dang fine supper to me. That white stuff scares the bajeebers outa me though:icon_blush:.

Shoot, Glad to hear your Mrs is Ok...that can be scary!
Bet your supper was outstanding! :thumb:

No bashing here, do what you gotta do. Glad the Mrs was OK. Contry ribs sound real good. I won't rub it in about the weather we've been having here in SoCal :-D.

Supper was superb!
Wife drove home doing about 40-45 mph, said the freewas was horrible. The country road was deplorable with no other car tire tracks.
Thrilled she arrived home safely, no pics were taken but trust me it was an awesome meal.

Supper was superb!
Wife drove home doing about 40-45 mph, said the freewas was horrible. The country road was deplorable with no other car tire tracks.
Thrilled she arrived home safely, no pics were taken but trust me it was an awesome meal.

Nuttin' wrong with a home cooked meal for two in those conditions.

You done good!

I wouldn't go outside in that either. I have to go down stairs to my cookers out back. I've cooked out there before in that stuff and haven't hurt myself, but at some point my luck could run out. Better safe than sorry.

We southern Iowaegians are battling upwards of 1/10" of snow today.
I did have to sweep some snow off the grill before I made some ring bologna.
Ed

Guessing we only got 4 inches give or take here Ed.

The last blast of snow we got melted somewhat then refroze to below zero last nite.

Pure ice below the layer we got this afternoon. Gettin a tad bit old to ice skate on shoes now.

Laughed my head off over the "snot". It was neat to see the word after reading the where for and why were Here!

Back