MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:17 PM   #46
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinKnight View Post
At turn in times(1,2:30,4) it will be crazy and folks are not going to be as friendly when you walk up to talk to them, come check us out brotha if you come by after 1 I'll have chicken you can try, come by after 2:30 I'll have ribs for you to try, come by after 4 I'll have some brisket point I'll share as well. Bring a chair and something to drink make your rounds come back and tell me what you think of the whole competition

Man, that sounds like a good time. I would have crashed your party , but I'm headed to Dallas for the weekend. Would rather hang out at a comp though!
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #47
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

4 pages and nobody's used this stuff yet?
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from:--->
Old 02-07-2013, 11:43 PM   #48
AustinKnight
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : D

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliking View Post
Man, that sounds like a good time. I would have crashed your party , but I'm headed to Dallas for the weekend. Would rather hang out at a comp though!
Some other time broth, mista Jambo pit's was there last year he took first in beans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
Ya I know, I should have got the farking bag

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #49
koko1
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
Lol.
koko1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #50
wmrrock
Knows what a fatty is.

www.nakedwhiz.com has a breakdown of a lot of lump coal.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #51
MeatyOakerSmoker
is One Chatty Farker

My Costco has Kingsford but I'm pretty sure I never want to buy Kingsford again.
18.5" WSM (Model #2820)
UDS
La Caja China
COS - Oklahoma Joe Highlander
Lang 48 Patio
Grilla Silverbac Original
Formerly known as IbrahimSS
MeatyOakerSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #52
Trumpstylz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCguyHere View Post
Picked up a bag of this today at my local Lowes. Will give it a test run tomorrow, being that it's raining heavily right now :(
Any updates to report?

Old 02-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #53
Neonnblack
Full Fledged Farker

I think it was this thread talking about Kroger lump is relabeled RO. I dont like Kroger lump and a very off smell till it go rolling for a while. Chunks were ok though, it was a mix oak hick mesq.
Neonnblack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #54
trufunk
Full Fledged Farker

saw some at costo yesterday, $16 something for 34#. more expensive than best of the west@14 for 40#. is stubbs better?
trufunk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #55
Ole Man Dan
is one Smokin' Farker

I found the new Stubbs Lump at LOWE'S.
It's not bad. It does produce more sparks than RO.
It appears to be Oak maybe mixed with other woods.
I used some in my grill doing some London Broil last Sunday.
Good hot fire.
Ole Man Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #56
Trumpstylz
is One Chatty Farker

Anyone try smoking with it yet?

Old 02-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #57
AustinKnight
is One Chatty Farker

Well I didn't place in anything out of 54 teams at the comp I did, the head judge's husband won brisket AGAIN beating out Pitmaster Ernest Servantes(he took 2nd) also the lady that sold all the raffle tickets for the iPad won the farkn iPad ahh what are the chances, I'll be judging it next year. Well I see nobody has tried this Stubbs lump yet so I did what every good Texan would do,I bought some for Valentines Day to cook some steaks for steak gorgonzola stay tuned.....

Sent from my SGH-T999

Old 02-14-2013, 05:23 PM   #58
RangerJ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Well I didn't place in anything out of 54 teams at the comp I did, the head judge's husband won brisket AGAIN beating out Pitmaster Ernest Servantes(he took 2nd) also the lady that sold all the raffle tickets for the iPad won the farkn iPad ahh what are the chances, I'll be judging it next year. Well I see nobody has tried this Stubbs lump yet so I did what every good Texan would do,I bought some for Valentines Day to cook some steaks for steak gorgonzola stay tuned.....

Sent from my SGH-T999
Anybody can beat anybody on any given day. However, weird he won again. Probably touting his HEB All Natural Beef.

As a Veteran I love the VFW cooks, but I decided not to do it after last year, the Calcutta, was not a Calcutta and the head judge actually screwed up the final tally announcing the wrong GC. Dennis May of Smoking in the Dark had to go up and correct her as he won the event.

Nice girl appreciate her efforts but there are plenty of cook offs to choose from.

Let us know how that lump works out.
RangerJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #59
garzanium
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:

Sent from my SGH-T999
Sucks you didn't place.... you where probably not surprised about the results.

Talking about pitmasters... got rid of my smoker and am saving up for one:)

The wife wanted to switch it up and do sushi tonight. ..I wanted to use my new grillgrates on steak...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Old 02-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #60
AustinKnight
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerJ View Post
Anybody can beat anybody on any given day. However, weird he won again. Probably touting his HEB All Natural Beef.

As a Veteran I love the VFW cooks, but I decided not to do it after last year, the Calcutta, was not a Calcutta and the head judge actually screwed up the final tally announcing the wrong GC. Dennis May of Smoking in the Dark had to go up and correct her as he won the event.

Nice girl appreciate her efforts but there are plenty of cook offs to choose from.

Let us know how that lump works out.
He sure is proud of that heb angus, I knew I should have canola upped
Ya I know brotha, I heard all about that, hell 30 teams less then last year I believe. Good to see someone else on here can relate, lump and food PrOn coming soon until then...

They made me un fold the foil

Getting wrapped

Another view