A proper grill cover for a Weber?

btcg

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Our cover for our Vermont Castings propane grill (I do burgers and dogs on it mostly... anything that needs just a quick char) has worn out after 7 years, and I went to Lowes and bought a Weber replacement cover. I'm not happy with it, and plan on taking it back today. So, the missus found a site that sells covers, and I'm gonna order one from them. But while she was showing me last night, I spotted this cover:

http://grillpartssearch.com/mm/merc...l_Parts&Product_Code=RRC&Category_Code=Covers

Looks like it would fit a Weber kettle... but what an eyesore!

Maybe a gift for someone (family member) who p'sses you off regularly? A revenge gift? Can't believe anyone would say: "wow, that's really nice... I think I'll buy that one."

WOW! That's really nice!

I think I'll buy that one.

There. Now get over it and believe.

With that cover its sure to remain a lonely grill. Entirely against our motto. Might as well put a green tarp and bungy cord it.

I'm thinking that maybe it matched some type of outdoor furniture Charmglo sold at some point. Big companies have design groups and other groups that approve their designs before manufacturing. Hard to believe that anything that looked like that would have made it to the stores unless it somehow matched something else they sold.

I still say if you've got an in-law you don't like who has a kettle, it's the perfect revenge gift.

gawd, this is as ugly as some of the UDSs i've seen oh here. :loco:

Back