BBQ Brethren "Breakfast" Throwdown

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Breakfast!"[/size]
255903010_ff4dcc6125.jpg

Anonymous Photo

...as chosen by Meat Burner, the winner of the Pot Pie Throwdown!

Here are the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

1) The dish must be Grilled or Smoked during the cooking process, or feature Grilled or Smoked ingredients in a prominent manner.
2) Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown period ( 1/15 - 1/24 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by Midnight Central Time on the night of 1/24.
4) Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5) If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.

The voting will begin Monday 1/25 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 1/29. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the I'd Never Eat That! (Innards) Throwdown until Sunday night 1/17 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Vegetable Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

I wish I had more time this weekend to do a bacon implosion, and then an Arnold Ziffle Special! I may have to work out a couple of extra hours.

Great choice Meat Burner Neighbor! Can't wait to see the entries. I love breakfast over an open fire. :-D

I'm thinking cowgirl could steal this one easy! I recall that thread from some time ago, pics of the scenery of a lovely morning, an open fire, some cast iron, some delicious looking grub. (sigh)

Cowgirl take me away!:biggrin:

interesting...

jeez, half the time my breakfast is leftover q from the night before...

I wonder if cold pizza would work? IF it was a leftover from a BGE cook.

Wicked! This throwdown mixes my favorite meal with my favorite cooking method. I'm in...

I am not gonna enter, no way, too many people will turn in great stuff. I should have cooked innards.

Oh..oh..the stars align once more! Excellent throwdown.

uh oh
you know how i like breakfast on the egg. :biggrin:

hey... are all these throwdowns in the game for a 2011 brethren calendar now? maybe that should be on the intro post somewhere?

how about a brethren throwdown coffee table book? or maybe a article in the new mag? wouldn't that be cool? 8)

I think a coffee table book would be great, Things Most of You Will Never Cook or Eat, By Phil the Grand Poobah.

i forgot to buy eggs at the store, but i'm making a pizza tonight! :wink:

You know, eggs on pizza is really good.

uh oh
you know how i like breakfast on the egg. :biggrin:

hey... are all these throwdowns in the game for a 2011 brethren calendar now? maybe that should be on the intro post somewhere?

how about a brethren throwdown coffee table book? or maybe a article in the new mag? wouldn't that be cool? 8)

Rick, my lovely bride and I thought this throwdown was made for you bro. Got some good guns shooting for the best, so work you magic, as we all know you will.

well folks, it's a three day weekend for me so i have something in mind that i guarantee no one else will be doing ( and there ain't no bacon!) :biggrin:

This Throwdown is indeed a candidate for the 2011 BBQ Brethren Throwdown Calendar (so long as there is demand for it when that time comes of course). This will be the 4th eligible Throwdown for that future calendar, starting with Pot Pies, then Vegetables, I'd Never Eat That (Innards), and now this one.:cool:

Plowboy mentioned a cookbook and I thought that was a great idea. A coffee table book may be even better because all we would need to do is fill it with the scrumptious photos and small blurbs, seems easier than putting together a cookbook.

I should not be surprised there are so many requests for these things considering how amazing they photos are that are posted each week, but I am a little surprised. Once orders for calendars come in it should be apparent how far this could go. I'll look into some publishing options and see how feasible a book would be, be it a coffee table book or a cookbook (or maybe even both), and if it seems possible, I am all for it.

Weather is not going to be bvery conducive to cooking outdoors this ENTIRE 3 day weekend.......Mid 60's Sat - Mon. That's just too dang HOT!! Just might put a pot of coffee on and get the cast iron going for some Huevos Rancheros!!

Back