• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Father's Day

I am doing a little comp practice. Got a flat from Sams club today. Only had 5 pounders. Small but still hope it is good. I know pics or it did not happen.

Batching it. Wife off to Oklahoma. Ribeye and beer!

Thinking about a case of ribs and a couple of whole briskets. Planning to put it out there to draw in some bus, for the summer. Paid off last summer.

Well

Doing King City Showdown Friday and Saturday. Hmmm I just might have to Kick up that new WSM one more day that accidentally got delivered to my house when they were $175.00 free shipping on Amazon. (I hate when that happens mod):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: (She really hates it mod):evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

I will be attending the Elk Grove Village Greater Chicago Land Smoke-Out with some of our Brethren. And I should be eating some of the best Q as they are there! (that would be the no cooking myself mod :twisted::roll::biggrin:)

I'll likely take Father's Day off from cooking. Not my normal MO, but I'll be doing a big (for me) cook the day before.

My oldest sister has her turn at hosting our biannual family reunion next year, and she mentioned getting takeout BBQ like my brother did a few years ago when it was his turn. I have offered to cook the meat since I believe I can do a better job than any of the local BBQ restaurants.

This Saturday we will be having an impromptu mini-reunion since a few out of town family members will be in the area, so I thought I've give them a sample to let them decide if they really want me cooking for the whole gang next year.

I plan on making Roadside Chicken thighs, cherry smoked chicken breasts, pulled boston butt, baby back ribs, and Kerri's Hog Apple beans.

Sunday I'll rest/feast on leftovers (if there are any!)

Going to the Race in Michigan. Hoping to find something good at the track?

Your gonna end up starving to death!!
First race i've missed in 18 years! :cry:
Take food to cook, track food sucks and a small fortune and off track food isin't that much better!
WARNING!!! Do NOT eat the BBQ pork sandwiches they sell there! :icon_sick

Batching it. Wife off to Oklahoma. Ribeye and beer!

Now THAT'S a fathers day gift!!

I will be attending the Elk Grove Village Greater Chicago Land Smoke-Out with some of our Brethren. And I should be eating some of the best Q as they are there! (that would be the no cooking myself mod :twisted::roll::biggrin:)

Stop by and see the Smo Sco's, you can eat my helping.......:twisted:

It is actually my birthday on Sunday Father's day, which is actually my son's birthday as well. My wife's birthday is the 14th. So..... for Saturday, just making some smoked ribs and carne asada, maybe a bunch of ABTs. Smokin' is my pleasure.... my birthday present to myself. Plus we will have some Cabo Wabo, and of course, Fat Tires.... no wait, I think I will go with Newcastles this weekend. mmmmm Cabo Wabo shots with Newcastle chasers.

Hoping to cook Sunday as long as my wife's water doesn't break (ready to burst mod) I will do some BB's in the offset, toss back a few cold ones and relax.

Back