Weber Spirit v Genesis?

Wesman61

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I spotted a Weber Spirit grill floor model on sale locally. It's the $349 model on sale for $297. How does the Spirit line compare to the Genesis line? Should I wait and get a Genesis or snatch up the Spirit.

Google is your friend..........I have a Weber Gasser E310 I use it all the time for steaks, etc. Stuff when i don't have try to fire up the other Webers!

Launched in 2007, the new Weber Genesis lines up between the larger Summit Series and the entry-level Spirit Grills. The flagship grill in this series is the Weber Genesis E-310, which is the perfect size for most families. The 2009 Weber Genesis E-310 has three separately controlled burners (rated at 42,000 BTU), an enclosed cart to store the propane tank, a built-in commercial-grade thermometer and a warming rack. Advantages of the Genesis E310 over the Spirit Grills include 20 percent more cooking area (637 vs. 528 square inches), stainless steel work surfaces, a stainless handle and stainless steel accents and trim. The Genesis E&S grills also have an electronic Crossover ignition system, which works electronically to light the grill without having manually depressed the button. Weber's ignition system lights the grill on the first try virtually every time and will do so for years; this has always been a strength of Weber grills. I strongly recommend buying the custom Weber Premium Cover and using it on regular basis (especially during the winter) to prolong the life of your grill. But even if you don’t, Weber stands behind all its products with a best-in-class warranty that covers the major parts of the grill for 10-25 years.
Weber Genesis Models and Variations
The Weber Genesis E-310 comes in three colors: black, green and blue and in both propane (LP) and natural gas models. The Weber Genesis E-320 adds a flush-mounted side burner, which many people don’t use. The Weber S-310 and S-320 models have the same specs as the E-models, but they are all stainless and cost several hundred dollars more.
Devil's Advocate:

If the Weber Genesis E-310 is too pricey for your budget, I recommend the Weber Spirit E-310, Weber’s entry-level three-burner grill is very similar to the discontinued Weber Genesis Silver B. Alternately, if you really want to impress your friends, read my Weber Summit S-650 Review to learn more about Weber’s top-of-the-line grill. Also, starting in 2005, Weber stopped including propane tanks with their grills. Plan on an additional $30 for a OPD equipped tank.

Attachments

• Webers 001.jpg
    Webers 001.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 169
Thanks for the info. I may just grab that Spirit. The Char-Broil I have is about the same setup but has never been hot enough for me. Also it's gotten real bad about hot spots.

I have a Weber Genesis--Stainless burners--stainless grates! It is a super grill,it's also bigger I think than the spirit. My recommendation is the Genesis. You wont be unhappy with it!!!:mrgreen:

Back