Meat Loaf Madness (with pron)

cameraman

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
First stab at reverse engineering the incredible meat loaf at Arnold's Country Kitchen here in Nashville. It's well seasoned, smokey and has nice little bits of veggies throughout.

_F3K9209.jpg

_F3K9227.jpg

_F3K9220.jpg

_F3K9234.jpg

The diced veggies were lightly sauteed, seasoned, and mixed with the meat
_F3K9240.jpg

I pan fried a sample to test the seasoning
_F3K9241.jpg

It didn't suck
_F3K9255.jpg

I also grilled some veggies for a salad
_F3K9249.jpg

Thanks for looking

Nice meatloaf, that is how my mom did hers, with chunks of veggies and a loose texture.

Nice, that looks awesome. Meatloaf is becoming one of my favorite things to smoke. I like the addition of the zuccs.

First stab at reverse engineering the incredible meat loaf at Arnold's Country Kitchen here in Nashville.
It didn't suck

Quite the contrary! :hungry:

Two possible (positive) outcomes: You matched Country Kitchen or didn't come close but didn't care because the results tasted as good as it looked.

Which is it?

Quite the contrary! :hungry:

Two possible (positive) outcomes: You matched Country Kitchen or didn't come close but didn't care because the results tasted as good as it looked.

Which is it?

You know, I have to say it was pretty close. A little brown gravy wouldn't have hurt. I'm glad I took notes so I can take another stab at it. I should probably head back to Arnold's for another taste. And while I'm there I could get some jalapeno cheese grits, maybe some turnip greens, and a slice of spicy chocolate pie. All in the name of research you understand. :wink:

Nice, that looks awesome. Meatloaf is becoming one of my favorite things to smoke. I like the addition of the zuccs.

The zuccs worked out well. I'll definitely use them again. Good flavor and I think they contribute to the juiciness.

I dont know what Arnolds is like, but cameramans is looking dam tasty. Nice job.

For those of you unfamiliar with Arnold's Country Kitchen, this video from the James Beard Foundation tells the story. I't's a good watch.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6ES3JpteI"]JBF Awards 2009: Arnolds Country Kitchen (Nashville, TN), Americas Classic Award - YouTube[/ame]

When I smoke we nearly always do a couple of pans of meatloaf.
It's that good.
I like to baste mine with Sweet Baby Rays cut with Coffee. Different taste.

Back